Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RT
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent the last hour and a half trying to look up where this port is can somebody please tell me where it is and possibly a picture?
Please

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
Pop the hood and walk around to drivers side next to wheel. Lean over and look down like you are inspecting the rear two cylinders’ exhaust manifold gasket. The a/c hootus should be about two inches back toward you as you look down, up against the inside of the inner fender well.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
Photoshopped an old pic of my engine for reference (ignore the dip stick magnifier, focus on the red arrow 😁)
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive air manifold

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
I believe those pictures are of the High Side port. The Low Side port is further back and lower (see attached)

A Guy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,442 Posts
I believe those pictures are of the High Side port. The Low Side port is further back and lower (see attached)
View attachment 1023141
A Guy

My mistake. The billet high pressure a/c port cap is shown in my photo.

·
Registered
2016 RT
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please look at pictures. Still cant figure this out.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Don’t overlook using a body shop for minor AC work. The labor rate is lower.

For example, if you just want a recovery, vacuum/leak test and having it properly recharged it will likely be half of what a dealer will charge for labor.

·
Registered
2016 RT
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking at this where does the connector go?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RT
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you think that brown thing in my pic unscrews revealing the port? Looks nothing like whats shown in the video.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
No, it should just be sticking out of the line, almost directly at bottom looks like

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
Look down closer to where the rubber hose ends

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 RT
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes thats it thank you very much

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's conveniently(?)located on the bottom of the low side line, you can almost see it. Don't know what possessed someone to design something like that.........
We are all victims of poor engineering.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's conveniently(?)located on the bottom of the low side line, you can almost see it. Don't know what possessed someone to design something like that.........
We are all victims of poor engineering.
I just have to comment about your cars, as I have a '12 Challenger R/T manual with a K & M air filter, used to have a '67 Barracuda V-8, and my wife's car until recently was a '13 300.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts