Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10 R/T Automatic seems to hesitste or hit a flat spot at 2000 RPM while accelerating. This is not the trans shifting because it also does when in "auto stik" mode. This hesitation only lasts a second and it feels like a fuel or air induction problem.
Does anyone else have the same problem or some insight?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Try this

Throttle calibration can substantially improve throttle responsiveness over "factory standard." Many people notice what appears to be sluggish throttle response or a "dead area" at initial accelerator depression. Throttle calibration can take care of these.
1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" (not start).
2) Wait for all idiot lights to go out. Check Engine Light may remain on.
3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.
4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up.
5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF".
6) Start the engine.
Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending on your driving style, you may need to repeat this procedure periodically due to the computer's adaptive programming. You likely need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
My 10 R/T Automatic seems to hesitste or hit a flat spot at 2000 RPM while accelerating. This is not the trans shifting because it also does when in "auto stik" mode. This hesitation only lasts a second and it feels like a fuel or air induction problem.
Does anyone else have the same problem or some insight?

Yes, I have a similar issue, although I've been able to mitigate it some. I have a 10 R/T Auto and had a 09 R/T Auto. The 09 definitely seemed more responsive, and my 10 seems to have like a flat spot around 2000 RPM. I have a predator installed, MDS off and the throttle boost cranked up to 20, and it is better, but still noticeable. Gets worse when it's warmer, so could be related to heat soak.

I've done all the throttle cal, turn MDS off, different canned tunes etc..and it's better, but still not like my 09 R/T was. My next step is going to be datalogging and see if there's anything that shows up that way.

Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible, but it's there.. and I know what you're feeling.. Yours is probably worse than mine, since the pred and mds off does help.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.