Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a problem with acceleration on my sxt+, but i dont understand why very slowly? I have 22 rims oem replica and low springs.Also i am rebuilded my engine 3.6, install new parts: candles ,oil etc. My acceleration 0-60mph ~ 9 sec. Its very slow. May be that big rims , may be something else. Stock acceleration - 6.8 sec. how is know?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
Bigger wheels will def slow down you acceleration down and they are probably heavier as well.

Also really can affect how far it takes your car to come to a stop.

Did you have your speedometer recalibrated for the bigger wheels?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rims with tires = 430pnd , not calibrated my for the bigger wheels, but i know diffenrents ~ 5% , my best result 8.8sec -5% = 8.4sec, but its realy very slowly.. 140k miles.. may be catalysts dead?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, i have dodge challenger 2012 , 3.6 SXT+ with 22 rims 265-35-22.Also i have lowering springs "Good speed traction-s". Its perfect view but i have a problem. i am not racer but i don`t understand .. i measured acceleration 0-60mph = ~9sec.. very slow. I dont understand its promlem only wheels or another problem : engine/catalyst etc.? Weigth: rims and tires 330 pnd. Who have same configuration? may be have answer?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Do you know what those trouble codes are? P219F is Air/Fuel Ratio Cylinder Imbalance Bank 1. It sets when any of the cylinders on bank 1 has too much of a difference in air/fuel ratio compared to another cylinder. The cause could be anything from a vacuum leak at one cylinder, stuck fuel injector, cracked head gasket, or pretty much anything.

P06DD is Engine Oil Control Circuit Stuck Off. That is set when the PCM detects that the oil pressure is too low for the commanded state of the 2 speed oil pump. That could be cause by any number of things, such as low oil level, wrong oil fiter installed, or more internal problems like loose timing chain tensioner bolts causing a loss of oil pressure at the top end (VVT needs good oil pressure to work correctly).

Those 2 trouble codes could be related but maybe not. It sounds like you have some engine problems that need sorting out. Unfortunately we won't know the exact answer here. You will have to diagnose it. I would start with re-checking your work from your engine rebuild. Check your oil, filter, Do compression/leakddown tests, check your intake gaskets, and go from there.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
712 Posts
It's not just the heavy wheels, the 22" tires are heavy as hell too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts