Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have 2019 Scatpack widebody. With the 4 season tires, its best 0-60 time is around 4.5-4.7 which is great, but yesterday after launch control, it showes clearly impossible time: 2.0!
Has anybody else similar issue? It means my timer is completly unrealible. Do you have any idea what to do? Software upgrade?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
If you have wheel spin it will think you got to 60 quicker

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see, so it measures the acceleration of wheels, not the car itself. It is disappointing, that it is made like this. Thanks for info

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
They are pretty accurate, but just estimations in the long run

A Guy

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
^ what he said. Reset it, do it again. Wheelspin causes the inaccurate lower not-believable results.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I’ve spun my wheels numerous times while playing around with my 0-60 times and I get an accurate time every time. I’ve never gotten a low time like that.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,411 Posts
I think what it may be is if the wheel spin exceeds 60mph. If you keep in it and let it hit 3rd gear while spinning they could hit 60.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I’ve spun my wheels numerous times while playing around with my 0-60 times and I get an accurate time every time. I’ve never gotten a low time like that.
Yup! I agree with this. I don't know how he got that time with a newer car. I know the older cars could get there through "spinning" rather than actual speed but I don't think the newer cars work the same way. I know that just for the smoke show I've nailed a first second shift that sent the back wheels spinning to 60MPH+ and then just for grins stayed in the throttle anyway. I don't doubt the rear tires hit 60MPH in what is very likely a sub 3 second time frame yet it doesn't record that insanity. Actual 0-60 isn't captured until I get there with front wheel speed. The time it will record in this instance will be VERY SLOW and disappointing for obvious reasons. My best time recorded last summer with a good launch and shift was a 4.2 second 0-60MPH. The car seems capable of more but I haven't captured it and GOD knows that on the street with a manual consistency is tough. Traction and street surface limits everything. What I really need to do is take it to the Drag strip, slicks and then just slam gears with no lift shifts. A 4.2sec 0-60MPH on the street has got to be good for more on the drag strip, prepped and with the better rubber attached to back end of the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts