Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some things to make my 2016 RT challenger accelerate faster. I have a pedal commander and exhaust work and cold air intake. Anything other than a supercharger?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
What are some things to make my 2016 RT challenger accelerate faster. I have a pedal commander and exhaust work and cold air intake. Anything other than a supercharger?
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go? Or pretty much the same thing is how much faster do you want the car to accelerate?

Probably in terms of lower to higher cost: Better driver. Better traction. Less weight. More power.

Absent forced air induction to get more power means more displacement: $$$$.

Or another way is a better breathing engine. This can require better intake, exhaust, heads, with better/bigger ports, larger valves, cam: $$$ and maybe $$$$.

Less familiar with NOx or meth injection. Some claim to do well with an E85 "tune" but I do no know how well and can only guess at some of the trade offs.

Another way is to just buy a faster car. Sell/trade in your R/T and get a used Scat Pack, or even a used Hellcat.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
491 Posts
What exhaust work? A catback isn't going to add much performance wise.

·
Registered
661 Posts
If you want to make it accelerate faster then easyiest way is to change the rear gear ratio. Youll loose some gas mileage but alower gear will pull the weight of the car better. Everything is a trade off. Dodge builds cars for the AVERAGE consumer. To make changes will cost you something else. Lower gears= lower fuel mileage but better acceleration. High gears = fuel mileage but loss of acceleration.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,623 Posts
Custom tune is probably the easiest way to pick up a few ponies, the only problem is you have to get an unlocked PCM so not as cheap of a mod as it used to be. A 75 HP shot of nitrous would also give you a nice little kick in the rear. :p (y)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yep, 10k for a supercharger Installed will make it ROMP! I recommend a 2.8 litre, liquid cooled, twin screw Kenne Bell.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
563 Posts
Yep, 10k for a supercharger Installed will make it ROMP! I recommend a 2.8 litre, liquid cooled, twin screw Kenne Bell.
I just ordered a Magnuson last night for $5300 shipped and after tax. After a tune and I'm installing myself it should cost a total of close to $6000. I wish I went with a blower before I did all the other mods tbh, but atleast I'm set up to make some serious power.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
563 Posts
Just read on another forum that HP was offering free PCM unlock when you order credits.
Where'd you see that at? Ik someone who could use that

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,555 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: Cominfromcamaro

·
Registered
958 Posts

A Guy
Fantastic!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
What kind of tires are you running? Throw some drag radials on and you'll find your acceleration times drop significantly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts