Registered
48 Posts
get one of these...https://shop.3gcustomz.com/product.sc?productId=548

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
get one of these...https://shop.3gcustomz.com/product.sc?productId=548
View attachment 980267
Not really sold on that - the stream of 7 qts coming out of the drain hole? It will be all over that metal plate...and a huge mess to clean up

and trying to reach through that hole to remove the oil filter - with the inevitable oil running down your hand and arm as you unscrew it? you'll still have oil getting all over the place

its pretty simple to unbolt 4 bolts and remove the belly pan and have unimpeded access to everything. Plus you want to inspect things to make sure there's no leaks or stains that would be evidence of anything that needed attention.

·
Registered
48 Posts
FYI, just got the oil changed (12-6-19), I don't do this myself (no ramps or garage) & my shop said thank you. With the aluminum belly pan & the Fumoto 'swivel' drain valve he said it was easiest oil change he's done on a Dodge. Plus the new pan looks cool & better protects the belly than the plastic one & never needs to be taken off, no dropped bolts into no-where, try to hold pan w/one hand, wrench with another & 'oh yeah' have a 3rd hand hold the bolt.
Hope all have a Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
617 Posts
FYI, just got the oil changed (12-6-19), I don't do this myself (no ramps or garage) & my shop said thank you. With the aluminum belly pan & the Fumoto 'swivel' drain valve he said it was easiest oil change he's done on a Dodge. Plus the new pan looks cool & better protects the belly than the plastic one & never needs to be taken off, no dropped bolts into no-where, try to hold pan w/one hand, wrench with another & 'oh yeah' have a 3rd hand hold the bolt.
Hope all have a Merry Christmas!
Pictures...We need pictures.....................and MC back at you...

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
there ya go...sorry don't have one showing filter, but you get the idea

·
Registered
48 Posts
& the Plug picture was prior to installing the Fumoto...truth be told these are from the companies website, but the pan fit perfectly & the shop loved it. It looks really cool under the car & no, you don't hear rocks pinging off of it while you drive ;)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts