Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Hi,A Guy axle is spelled wrong. (Axel Back = Exhaust system after the rear axel)
Thanks, I had figure skating on my mind then...:4:

Here are a couple more.

Thanks, tried to keep the list more general, used some, but the tuning terms are less common, and some I have never seen used here. However, if you want to write a post with Acronyms used in Tuning, I can sticky that in the Tuning forum. You can add the long term knock, short term knock acronyms, etc. A list of terms would be very useful there. Here are ones I did not add.

DFCO - Decel Fuel Cut Off (used in HP tuners)
COT - Cat Over Temp
ETC - Electronic Throttle Control
EOT - Engine Oil Temp
GPEC2A - engine controller used on +2015 Dodge Challenger (all trims)
GPEC2 - engine controller used on 2011 - 2014 Dodge Challenger (all trims)
PE - Power Enrichment (fueling table used at WOT)
CL - Closed Loop
OL - Open Loop
STFT - Short Term Fuel Trim (temporary fueling changes made by PCM)
LTFT - Long Term Fuel Trim (learned/stored fueling changes made by PCM)
NN - Neural Network (the PCMs artificial intelligence)
PR - Pressure Ratio (MAP/BARO)
AF - Dodges term for fuel ratio (FA = 1/AFR)
EQ - Equivalence Ratio, often referred to by the Lambda symbol (see image below)
MAF - Manifold Air Flow (only used on 2015-2016 HC)
BARO - Barometric pressure
KOEO - Key On Engine Off
SD - Speed Density (a method of estimating airflow into an engine in order to supply an appropriate amount of fuel and adequate spark timing)
VE - Volumetric Efficiency (describes how effective the engine, intake, ports, and exhaust design are at flowing thru the engine)
MVPI - HP tuners interface
VCM - HP tuners scanning/editing software

ZF was already on the list as the A8 transmission. Do they indeed manufacture the differentials used on Challengers as well? I always see differentials listed as "differential for ZF 8 speed automatic", Not ZF differential. I know we refer to them as the ZF diff, as opposed to the GETRAG. If indeed ZF, it would be only the LSD differentials, correct? I can change it if it's agreed that ZF manufactures the LSD used in Challengers.

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My keyboard won't type ------

See?

A Guy

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Thanks, I had figure skating on my mind then...:4:

Thanks, tried to keep the list more general, used some, but the tuning terms are less common, and some I have never seen used here. However, if you want to write a post with Acronyms used in Tuning, I can sticky that in the Tuning forum. You can add the long term knock, short term knock acronyms, etc. A list of terms would be very useful there. Here are ones I did not add.

DFCO - Decel Fuel Cut Off (used in HP tuners)
COT - Cat Over Temp
ETC - Electronic Throttle Control
EOT - Engine Oil Temp
GPEC2A - engine controller used on +2015 Dodge Challenger (all trims)
GPEC2 - engine controller used on 2011 - 2014 Dodge Challenger (all trims)
PE - Power Enrichment (fueling table used at WOT)
CL - Closed Loop
OL - Open Loop
STFT - Short Term Fuel Trim (temporary fueling changes made by PCM)
LTFT - Long Term Fuel Trim (learned/stored fueling changes made by PCM)
NN - Neural Network (the PCMs artificial intelligence)
PR - Pressure Ratio (MAP/BARO)
AF - Dodges term for fuel ratio (FA = 1/AFR)
EQ - Equivalence Ratio, often referred to by the Lambda symbol (see image below)
MAF - Manifold Air Flow (only used on 2015-2016 HC)
BARO - Barometric pressure
KOEO - Key On Engine Off
SD - Speed Density (a method of estimating airflow into an engine in order to supply an appropriate amount of fuel and adequate spark timing)
VE - Volumetric Efficiency (describes how effective the engine, intake, ports, and exhaust design are at flowing thru the engine)
MVPI - HP tuners interface
VCM - HP tuners scanning/editing software

ZF was already on the list as the A8 transmission. Do they indeed manufacture the differentials used on Challengers as well? I always see differentials listed as "differential for ZF 8 speed automatic", Not ZF differential. I know we refer to them as the ZF diff, as opposed to the GETRAG. If indeed ZF, it would be only the LSD differentials, correct? I can change it if it's agreed that ZF manufactures the LSD used in Challengers.

A Guy
I see your point about making a new list for acronyms specific to tuning...I'll make a separate thread. I saw the iDFSO in the original list which gave me the idea to post other tune/tuning related acronyms.

As for ZF manufacturing the rear diffs, I was under the impression that the pre-2015s used getreg and the +2015s used ZF manufactured units per these threads:
https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f180/zf-rear-end-gears-647138/
https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f180/upgrading-my-differential-466625/index2.html

but I can't find hard evidence that they indeed are manufactured by ZF. :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah, I saw iDFSO in a post as part of a bigger discussion, so I added it. @Slidd @Hal H Does ZF actually manufacture the differentials? And if so, only the LSD with the fins?

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,368 Posts
WWNGOA?

When will the @Nuke go off again?
Shoot, I never go off, I'm always ON!! :grin2:

how did you guys forget the infamous

" Chally ".

Oh lord let's not include that one!!
I woke up this morning with a splitting head-ache and someone else's socks on. That always happens when this sort of thing is getting started...I'm going on record now to say it's a bad idea to get another Chally vs Challenger discussion fired up!

It will be safer if y'all switch subjects to something less divisive...politics, religion, etc. :domotwak:

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
@A Guy ZF manufactures both the open and limited slip diffs for the '15+ models. the V8 models use the 230mm by default

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks Hal and Chally, editing

A Guy

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
18 Participants
A Guy
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing