Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting the active exhaust bypass kit for my 15 sps. This is the kit from the same people who make the Tazer that has the plugs and relay that fools the system into leaving the exhaust open all the time. I know many have done this mod and seem to be happy.

I'd like to get opinions from those who have done this simple mod. Normally I'd jump right in but I do have an already modified exhaust (center "bullet" type mufflers, then straight out the back with no resonator) and worry about sound quality, drone....etc. Here is a video of my car from a few years ago right after the exhaust work.
which shows the set up.

I'm just curious on other people experiences.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My exhaust on my 18 Scat is standard, but adding the active exhaust delete made a nice difference. Louder than before but not obnoxious.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
887 Posts
I have been thinking about getting the Speed logics kit myself so this topic is very interesting to me as well. I too look forward to hearing others experiences with the product, both pros and cons.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,522 Posts
You'll have no more drone then you already have with your resonators removed, just a little louder. My exhaust is stock but I keep the flaps locked open with a Tazer.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i run the mfer-1 on my 2021, it just keeps them open all the time and gives it a little more rumble, nothing too noticable..personally the mfer1's are way cheaper than the active bypass so i see no reason to spend the extra money. they also show up on the for sale section from time to time in the 60.00 range. that is where i got my set

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Hellraisin M6
342 Posts
I'm extremely happy with my active exhaust delete mod. It sounds amazing, even with the slight drone around 2000 RPM.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
I have the deletes but CHOOSE to leave it alone for now. Wife like sneaking around to much in ECO, she thinks a Bat car or somthing................

I run the SPWB in TRACK and its loud enough for me, (for now ROFL)

Track leaves it open all the time

Reactions: Parrott_350

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just popped out my springs and wired the valves open. No codes on my '19 HC.

·
Banned
2017 TA Green Go.
272 Posts
Hmm. I did mid muff delete and see no reason to mess with the valves. They open up when you get on the throttle and are open all the time in sport mode.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
I set Traction, Steering and Suspension all to Track Mode in my Custom Mode setting yesterday.
When I start up, 2 quick pushes on the Drive Mode button and I am in Custom Mode.
And the AEV's stay open all the time.
My thanks to the member here who posted this set up recently!

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
I set Traction, Steering and Suspension all to Track Mode in my Custom Mode setting yesterday.
When I start up, 2 quick pushes on the Drive Mode button and I am in Custom Mode.
And the AEV's stay open all the time.
My thanks to the member here who posted this set up recently!
I did the same thing, BUT just track on the transmission. 305 tires in the front suck here in any mode but street !!!

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
835 Posts
Unicorn, to be clear, with just the trans set to TRACK and everything else set to STREET, does the AEVs stay open?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Unicorn, to be clear, with just the trans set to TRACK and everything else set to STREET, does the AEVs stay open?
yup from what i can hear.

Look not sure what your car sound like but our charger is LOUD bone stock. I have owned 50 plus cars and never heard a car so loud stock.

so back to your question. Wife drives ECO in the am, still loud, I drive in AM in trans Track still loud. LOL

Mind U only 2K miles on charger

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,413 Posts
I tuned my active exhaust valves to stay open via HP Tuners. There's no more drone at any RPM than what you'd otherwise hear while in Drag Mode. The start-up stays loud instead of softening.

OP: In your case, I don't think you're going to regret de-activating them, especially if you're happy with the sound you already have sans resonators.

I have been thinking about getting the Speed logics kit myself so this topic is very interesting to me as well. I too look forward to hearing others experiences with the product, both pros and cons.
I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from Speedlogix; even something as seemingly innocuous as the "Inactive Exhaust" modules. Buy them from Z Automotive (exact same price); that way at least you know you're not supporting design misappropriation or shoddy workmanship. The owner of Z Automotive is a true car enthusiast, not just someone looking to cut corners and make a buck.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,204 Posts
Honestly there isn't much difference to me with the valves open or closed. The car will always start with them fully open and they will remain 100% open at idle / or when below 3pmh in any drive mode with stock program. The only time you'll notice a difference is at heavier part throttle. WOT is also always 100% open.

·
Registered
677 Posts
yup from what i can hear.

Look not sure what your car sound like but our charger is LOUD bone stock. I have owned 50 plus cars and never heard a car so loud stock.

so back to your question. Wife drives ECO in the am, still loud, I drive in AM in trans Track still loud. LOL

Mind U only 2K miles on charger
hey Unicorn, do you know if the 'active exhaust ' stay open in sport mode ? If you happen to know?

I may try what 'JonLovitz' says, just unplug the wire and see what it is like. ( Not a bad idea) Especially if the 'CEL' will clear itself when plugged back in.

thanks
Parrott

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
I never HEAR my charger quiet to be honest, me REALLY thinks its a emissions device in disguise..

Closes to heat the cat up faster is what i think it really does.

Open or closed car seems to sound the same.

She drive in eco, sounds loud, I drive track tans only and everything else in street.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Interesting, they could be. Converters are most efficient when hot.
Thanks
Parrott

1 - 20 of 32 Posts