Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, after riding in and driving a few 392 cars that have active exhaust, I'm curious if I can install this on my 2013 using the factory hardware/hangers? I realize that the flapper would stay wide open, which I don't mind at all once it's installed. I just really, really like the sound of the factory exhaust on the newer scat packs. I found one youtube video of a 14 R/T where the owner swapped the entire 392 exhaust system and it sounded great, but there were no details about modifications, if any were necessary. If any of you have done this install, please advise.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what you are wanting, if the active exhaust is to be open all of the time why have it? just install the 392 mufflers and resonators... done.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's basically what I want to do, I just called it the active exhaust system since that's what Dodge's name for it is. My question is, is it a direct swap that will bolt up to the factory mounts in my car. Do the mid pipes connect in the same location as the 5.7 ones do, or would I also have to do the 392 manifolds with mid pipes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts