Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put the MFER-1 active exhaust modification on their 392 scat pack?
Good? Bad? not worth the money?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,048 Posts
Until you get some replies

A Guy

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used it. It was a nice piece. I had to modify it to fit with my Stainless Works exhaust. The Active Valves were in a different location than factory and the MFER plate was hitting. I just had to cut the large circular plate to clearance stuff on the car. Other than that it did what it was suppose to do. Is it worth the money...yes and no. There are other less expensive options out there that work, but are they of the quality of the MFER...not sure, i only used the MFER.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I posted this over in the exhaust section with no response :

So I've seen people selling convoluted mechanical solutions to keep the AES valves open and keep the engine from throwing a check light. Worse yet, they want $140-$200 for these solutions...

Anyone know if the valves are the same as the ones used on Fords and European car? Currently you can buy Simulator plugs for those... For a fraction of the price.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,048 Posts
I would have to say no. No one with a Challenger has ever posted saying they used something like that. In fact, with all the trouble of simulators, I'm sure if such a simple fix existed, it would be well known. In fact:

Fitments
  • 2016+ Ford Focus RS
  • 2015+ Mustang GT350/GT350R
  • 2015+ Audi S3
  • 2013-2016 Audi S6
  • 2014-2016 Audi SQ5
  • 2015+ Volkswagen Golf R
  • Other vehicles utilizing the style of exhaust valve actuator shown below [with the exception of Dodge models]
A Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts