Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 T/A. If I get a delete for the muffler but keep the resonator that’s before the axle will that trip any codes?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
651 Posts
nope

·
Registered
14,492 Posts
What resonator before the axle?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What resonator before the axle?

My understanding is that the muffler looking parts before the rear axles are resonators and the actual mufflers are behind the axles. Some have called both sets mufflers but resonators would make more sense.

·
Registered
14,492 Posts
My understanding is that the muffler looking parts before the rear axles are resonators and the actual mufflers are behind the axles.
No, that is backwards (at least regarding Challenger). Mufflers are forward and resonators are at the rear bumper. Always a lot of confusion and this shows why you never tell a muffler shop what you want done, you walk out in the shop and point to what you want removed, otherwise they might screw it up as they have many times according to posts I've read.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,301 Posts
To the best of my knowledge.....resonators will always be the last component in an exhaust system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To the best of my knowledge.....resonators will always be the last component in an exhaust system.
Not always. It depends on the entire system. I’ve actually had them sitting in place of cats behind a set of long tubes in order to mellow out the sound a bit from just an off road x-pipe. Did the trick nicely.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,532 Posts
I believe he meant OEM from the factory

A Guy

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2017 T/A. If I get a delete for the muffler but keep the resonator that’s before the axle will that trip any codes?
I purchased a 2017 manual rt which the previous owner had the mid mufflers deleted, no check engine of any kinds. Sounds great too ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts