Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Challenger have active steering? Is there a setting where you can tighten it up? Someone that goes to my gym has a 15 SRT8 and said his can. Can the Scat Packs do that also?

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Its not active steering, but instead can be user selected for:

Comfort (greater amount of assist, lower effort)

Normal

Sport (least amount of assist, greater effort)

Any model thats equipped with the Performance Pages can set steering effort for:

Default mode
Sport mode (if equipped with Perf Pages)

SRT models have additional modes, Custom and Track that allow the user to select the modes of steering effort they want in those settings, in addition to Street and Sport modes

All Scat Pack models get Performance Pages with their 8.4" uConnect systems

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks for the response. I'm test driving a Scatty on Sat. I'll make sure to try it out.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Frequently the settings from units shipped from the plant have Engine & Steering on Sport setting for Sport Mode.

So when you press the Sport Button on the console, it had those two systems in Sport setting.

You can always check it by pushing the Super Track Button and then go to the Set Up screen to view the settings.
-it will bring up the Performance Pages screen as STP button is a quick launch shortcut for the Perf Pages app.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, appreciate the info. Can you just go into sport mode while your driving or do you need to be stopped? I'm assuming you can do it on the fly..

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Thanks guys, appreciate the info. Can you just go into sport mode while your driving or do you need to be stopped? I'm assuming you can do it on the fly..
You can go into sport mode whenever. I'm always in sport so it keeps the MDS off (which only matters if you get the automatic). I also have the steering set to sport. It was a little weird at first because of the resistance but I like it now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one thing I had about my GTO ,is the steering isn't tight. Its the one thing that anyone that own a GTO doesn't like about them. You have to turn the steering wheel so much to just go around a corner and I hate it.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
On the fly it can be switched On or Off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts