Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a place selling real CF overlays for Challenger interiors. They don’t have much yet for Challengers - just these pieces actually (and the one that goes on your steering wheel if you don't have a SRT model) - but I love how they look. Not sponsored or anything - I bought them myself. I’m just hoping more people will buy these though so they’ll start making more pieces for other interior parts. They are stick-on overlays, so obviously that doesn’t help with weight, but I just wanted to dress up some of the plain black plastic pieces and I don’t like the look of fake carbon fiber. The key fob cover I got from Amazon.

Before:

After:

Next to my CF keyfob cover:

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It came stock. I’m guessing you have a manual? Mine is an auto but I have a Barton shifter.

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes sense yeah mine is a manual. Lol o thought yours was as well with your shifter. It looks good with the Barton.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thank you. Just didn't like the feel of the stock auto shift knob. Felt very plasticy and cheap. I didn't realize until after I installed it that it actually looks a lot like the manual now. I enjoy manual mode a lot more now.

Reactions: moparnoother

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love it, I want one of those shifters but afraid I'd screw it up.
Actually it really wasn’t bad. Only took about 30 minutes or so and I had never installed a shift knob and handle before (just did a knob only years back on another car).

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
472 Posts
How much did all 3 piece run you? If you don't mind sharing. looks very sleek

·
Registered
306 Posts
Not to hijack but I'm putting a Carbon Steering Wheel on but can't find REAL Carbon to replace the little gray insets of the wheel. Any one know of any?

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Widebody Scat Pack
67 Posts
Will the carbon fiber overlays stand the test of time on the taste scale? Do you think we will be looking back at this trend and say "what were they thinking"?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,707 Posts
Not to hijack but I'm putting a Carbon Steering Wheel on but can't find REAL Carbon to replace the little gray insets of the wheel. Any one know of any?
I think the oem ones are real carbon fiber. I know it is an option now from the factory. Personally I would go OEM first. @stevewhite should know and have part numbers.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,198 Posts
I'm not a fan of carbon fiber look myself, I understand a CF hood or deck lid for weight savings, but just for the look...to each their own

A Guy

Reactions: WBScatPack19

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,198 Posts

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will the carbon fiber overlays stand the test of time on the taste scale? Do you think we will be looking back at this trend and say "what were they thinking"?
Taste is subjective. I personally love the look as long as it's not overdone (meaning too many pieces all over the entire interior). So I think it will stand the test of time for me.

Reactions: WBScatPack19

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,707 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts