Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. I'm still new to using launch control but I'm have'n a ball practicing so I don't have any numbers to post but I have a question that I've heard so many different answers for.. WHAT IS TOP SPEED FOR MY STOCK 2013 SRT8 6.4 AUTOMATIC! Haven't added any mods but all I know is I can scare the hell outta myself but it's such a blast.

thx,

·
Super Moderator
14,214 Posts
The Challenger 392 reaches a top speed of 175 mph with the automatic and 182 mph with the manual transmission.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CHRIST!!! I still got room to fly! So there's no governor system on these guys? Well it don't matter if I can still top out at 175! Thanks Cuda340

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hey guys.. I'm still new to using launch control but I'm have'n a ball practicing so I don't have any numbers to post but I have a question that I've heard so many different answers for.. WHAT IS TOP SPEED FOR MY STOCK 2013 SRT8 6.4 AUTOMATIC! Haven't added any mods but all I know is I can scare the hell outta myself but it's such a blast.

thx,
These things really get moving. It just takes between 2-3 miles to actually obtain it's "terminal velocity". Just remember, the faster you go, the longer it takes to stop!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I can tell you for a fact , they go at least 140! :eusa_dance:

·
Registered
456 Posts
There's two more gears after that haha
I look forward to testing your theory! now if I can just locate a longer road! hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
627 Posts
What about the the 6.1 top speed?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I always wanted to get to the top speed on this car. Too bad there is a big difference between getting a regular speeding ticket and one where your 110 over the speed limit.

But it would be fun!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
this was mine. did not get past this in 2 tries.

Attachments

Reactions: 6Gears'N'Leadfoot

·
Registered
129 Posts
Had mine to 151, only reason was because the highway had been closed due to a truck rolling over, and there wasn't a sole in front of me for as far as I could see and I had 4 lanes wide, and I knew every cop around was down the road directing traffic off the highway :) Had been 20+ years since I had went 138mph in my '79 Z28 at the time, so I had to take the opp to set me a new personal land speed record :) May be 20+ more years before I beat that! Oh, and it took less than a mile to get there (but I started at around 50mph) and catch up to some other cars..it does take a long while to slow back down to a reasonable speed.

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Google Texas Mile Challenger went 205 with a few mods.

·
Registered
60 Posts
this was mine. did not get past this in 2 tries.
What happens when you reach that speed? The car just won't go any faster or does some sort of limiter kick in? I guess I will find out soon enough once my new tire get here ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
My RT did this before I ran out of road and testicles

Not to bad

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts