Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got it narrowed down between these 2 waxes... i've done some research, read some threads, watched some videos... any experience with either of these 2 and your input would be much appreciated.

i had been using mequires nxt 2.0 paste wax but it really is just a PAIN lol.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I have used Ice before & like it. I use all Adams products, but have not used the Buttery wax.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ice Ice Baby...it's on the car right now. I was thinking about checking out Meguiar's NXT wax also. Have another friend that uses Adam's religiously on his 70 AAR Cuda, Dart, and Mercedes. Guess you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the comments guys! it's helping me narrow it down more. i think ice might be the way to go and easier just because you can go right over door jams and all the nooks and crannys and not have to worry about certain areas and worrying about getting wax on it. (with the paste NXT 2.0 wax i use right now i had to be careful when applying it near edges and jams which slowed down the waxing time)

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
got it narrowed down between these 2 waxes... i've done some research, read some threads, watched some videos... any experience with either of these 2 and your input would be much appreciated.

i had been using mequires nxt 2.0 paste wax but it really is just a PAIN lol.
Really? I have been using this since day 1 of challenger ownership and it's by far the easiest on/off wax I have ever used. Exceptionally long lasting as well. I get solid water beading 6 months after using. Well I only went 6 months once, usually a once a quarter waxing is my routine. Never tried Adams or Ice so no opinion to offer

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I prefer Fukken Wax myself. Works great. I use it on everything.. My bikes, my truck my car.. windows and all.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
You can ice wax the entire car in about 20 minutes , I do it after each wash.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i used ice synthetic polish this weekend. it still took me about 30 mins to do the car but was pretty easy to do. put a nice mirror finish on it. i guess we'll see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
let us know how it works and durability

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would say buttery wax. why? Because it wipes on then wipes off. It can be used on a hot car in direct sunlight. It smells great and last forever. It also gives a pretty deep shine. Oh and did I say it smell great!!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i'm willing to wax the car like 3 times a year, so i'm looking for a wax that'll still bead after 4 months or so.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wax and polish are two vastly different things. Check out the adam's polish video to see the difference. Or check out the JunkMan2000 on Youtube.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Wax and polish are two vastly different things. Check out the adam's polish video to see the difference. Or check out the JunkMan2000 on Youtube.
….in the most general sense of these terms and as most folks relate to them, I agree. Unfortunately, as with many things in the detailing/car care product realm, these “terms” are not standardized nor are the characteristics of the various products labeled as such. A prime example of this is Zaino Z-5 and Z-2 which Sal decided to label as polishes. Neither have corrective ability and are really just sealants. ….although Z-5 has characteristics of a glaze since it can help darken some finishes and hide light blemishes with fillers.

As far as TW Ice “Polish”, the manufacturer calls it a “wax” although it is more like a “sealant” in a common sense considering its synthetic nature. ….again, generalized terms that don’t necessarily apply the way the word may typically be interpreted. On a side note, the old FAQ for this product used to say that it had some cleaning ability to help in the removal of some light contamination, oxidation, etc., but I don’t know if that is still the case. …..which one could argue that the product is more like an AIO (all in one).

There is seldom “black & white” answers when it comes to classifying some products. Sometimes it’s better to compare them based on their own characteristics/performance rather than viewing them generalized categories.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Just some thoughts on beading....

While “beading” can be indicative of the presence of a product, it is not necessarily proof of lasting protection. Changes in other characteristics like slickness, ease of cleaning (contaminant shedding), etc. can also be signs to help determine product performance and the need for re-application. ….then are products that have a tendency to “sheet” rather than “bead”, etc.

In other words, your finish may still be beading after a few months but you may begin to notice diminishing performance in regard to how easily dirt/grime washes off. ….or how much effort it takes to remove contaminants like bird bombs, bug remnants, etc. The opposite is also true. You may notice changes in beading after a couple of washes (no longer tight, uniform beading but a little more irregular). However, the product still performs well in every other aspect.

You really need to take into consideration all features of the product, observe/assess and decide when re-application is necessary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts