Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I searched the forums about this topic and read what I found. Seems like the biggest questions about it is the cost of repair and how reliable is it vs the stock suspension on a Scat Pack.
It's a $995 option and I'm thinking it might be well worth it but I don't know much about it.

My Build right now includes the Dynamics package to get the 275 size tires with the awesome Spider like wheels, on a side note anyone know what they are called? Anyway I saw the Adaptive Dampening Suspension option and thought that would be a nice add on.
Then I was thinking about the 1320 package which includes everything the 2 packages offer but some different options like Drag Radials, a special drag package with the Racing wheel etc.

Do you think the 1320 package is a better way to go over the Dynamics and Adaptive Suspension packages for a Daily Driver and maybe once a Month down to the drag Strip for some 1/4 miles fun?

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,388 Posts
Hello all,
I searched the forums about this topic and read what I found. Seems like the biggest questions about it is the cost of repair and how reliable is it vs the stock suspension on a Scat Pack.
It's a $995 option and I'm thinking it might be well worth it but I don't know much about it.

My Build right now includes the Dynamics package to get the 275 size tires with the awesome Spider like wheels, on a side note anyone know what they are called? Anyway I saw the Adaptive Dampening Suspension option and thought that would be a nice add on.
Then I was thinking about the 1320 package which includes everything the 2 packages offer but some different options like Drag Radials, a special drag package with the Racing wheel etc.

Do you think the 1320 package is a better way to go over the Dynamics and Adaptive Suspension packages for a Daily Driver and maybe once a Month down to the drag Strip for some 1/4 miles fun?
1320 doesn't have the huge/gigantic/massive front brakes. That may be an upside once you price out those rotors at north of $700 each, yes EACH.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
230 Posts
If you don't plan on lowering car then I'd recommend the 1320. Otherwise skip the adaptive suspension and go w/ the scat pack.

·
Super Moderator
15,981 Posts
the ADS system is reliable - however...

if you plan on going with coil overs - you end up deleting the expensive ADS shocks you optioned for. So think about what potential future plans you might go with.
- the ADS shocks will work with lowering springs, so those are options that can be done.

the other item - over long term ownership. the ADS shocks are wear items - and they'll run $500 per corner to replace them.

as far as the Dynamics Package (6 piston brakes) - there's aftermarket brake pads that both have less dust and far less aggressive (from rotor wear perspective).

there's also aftermarket rotor rings that are in the ~ $400 range vs. the OEM ones that run $ 700 (list is ~ $900)

Reactions: Mantis1

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,388 Posts
If you don't plan on lowering car then I'd recommend the 1320. Otherwise skip the adaptive suspension and go w/ the scat pack.
If a daily driver on less than stellar roads, I would love to try out the adaptive suspension. A coworker has a 2012 SRT Yellow Jacket that I need to ride in. I can say that my Scat Pack with Dynamics rides stiffer than anything I have been in, maybe my Crossfire was stiffer, not sure.
Don't get me wrong, I love the feel of the car, but from what I understand with the adaptive, it is noticeably more comfortable ride, but can be set for even stiffer than what mine is, so best of all worlds.
There is a stretch of road I frequent (RT 22, Delmont, PA) that has perfectly spaced concrete seams/dips where the ride is almost nauseating in my Challenger, other cars are mild, and my 2012 JGC with Air Suspension you can't even tell that there is a change in the road.
SO, to sum up, try both!

Reactions: Mantis1

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
230 Posts
I have the ADS on my Scat Pack. I loved the street setting for normal daily driving. However, that comfort was compromised after I installed KW springs which lowered vehicle over 1". If I was to do it over again, I'd skipped the ADS option and just installed a true (engineered), coil-over lowered suspension. The ADS is awesome at stock-height!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the ADS on my Scat Pack. I loved the street setting for normal daily driving. However, that comfort was compromised after I installed KW springs which lowered vehicle over 1". If I was to do it over again, I'd skipped the ADS option and just installed a true (engineered), coil-over lowered suspension. The ADS is awesome at stock-height!
I think I may delete it from my build. I don't think I need it or sounds like it's worth it especially if down the road you modify it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm trying to decide which way to go myself. I mean if you get the dynamics and AD on a regular scat, you are nearing the price of the 1320 trim and in my case I really like the gold monkey wheels which adds a little over another grand so now it will cost more than the 1320. But the 1320 would be quicker and rarer and you could get away with smaller wheels in the winter. But then again, I would most likely have to buy some all seasons fairly soon after purchasing the car for daily driving the 1320 and that is another expense out of pocket I wouldn't have with the regular scat. Then there is the wide body option for a couple grand more that has the AD included along with wider wheels and tires.

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
IMO, you have to evaluate what you're really going to do with your Challenger.

Being realistic can save you a lot of money up front, and down the road with lower maintenancece costs.

DD only, only street with no tracking, what type of tracking, combinations??

Any Challenger is a fun ride. None can be put to its full potential on the street....legally!

"Pay to play" or looking cool costs. Sure is fun though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts