Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I was reading an older Thread about this but I'm not sure if anything has changed for 2020 or upcoming 2021.
Can someone go over these 2 packages? I know the Dynamics package comes with the 9.5 inch width rims and 275 width tires which is awesome. Also included is the Brembo 6 piston brakes which I'm not fond of due to the brake dust issue that if you want to address you have to change pads.
The Adaptive Damping Suspension gives you suspension modes and on the 1320 you get a line lock, do you get a line lock in that package or is that unique to the 1320?
I would gladly buy a 1320 IF you had the option to get different tires for the street. I would be driving my new Challenger on the street as well as the 1/4 track but that wouldn't be a regular thing. A few times a year is usually what I like to do. So having Drag tires from the factory isn't necessary. Also what I like about the 1320 is you get 4 piston Brembo Brakes. I'm wondering if that build would be better and just suck it up and buy new tires right out of the gate? Then I could address the brake dust issue right away as I heard it's not nearly as bad with the 4 pistons.

I wish Dodge would put more info on the website about the packages so you can get a better understanding if its worth the extra money in your build.

I gotta be honest , this is the first time I had so many issues trying to get my new car exactly the way I want it.

To give you guys an update on my current build but it's not in stone as I'm trying to get it tuned.

Scat Pack
Frostbite
Dynamics Package
Adaptive Damping Suspension
Napa/Alcantara Performance seats in Tan
Plus Package
Drivers Convenience package
Carbon Suede Interior Package
Automatic Transmission
I might get the Tech Group package, I have it on my Durango and it's very good.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,705 Posts
I went from a 2015 Charger R/T with R&T (Road and Track Package/Tack Pack, Suspension, Brakes)
To a 2018 Scat Pack SHAKER with Dynamics. The ride is MUCH stiffer/firmer than the Charger was, braking is truly impressive as well, but the Charger was also very good. I noticed a lot of road seam following when I first got the Challenger, but after new tires that went away. I have yet to ride in a Challenger with the SRT based adaptive suspension, if it can go firmer and softer than my current Challenger, I would call it a win.
I had a huge concern with potential tire prices with dynamics package, but really no big difference.
BUT, there is a HUGE difference in front rotor costs! I don't get the complaints about brake dust, since my previous Charger with 2 levels lower of brakes also produced a lot, no difference.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
304 Posts
Sounds like you should go with the 1320 since you want the wider 275 tires, but 4-piston brakes -- all valid reasons. What seems popular w/ the 1320s is to immediately replace the front drag radials to save them for when the rears wear out, which wont take long. If it was me I'd save the front wheels just for track action and buy an extra MRR M392 front set for daily use.

Line lock is now standard on all Scats. I've got the Dynamics Package and ADS on my Scat and love it. Swapping for the low-dust brake pads was an easy task. The only real disadvantage is rotor replacement cost whenever that time comes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There are low- and midrange-priced rotor options out there for the 6-piston Brembos, but I have no idea if they're any good or not. I'm planning to swap to PowerStop Z23 pads as soon as I take delivery of my SPS + Dynamics (and Adaptive). Supposed to cause much less rotor wear and generate much less dust than the Brembo pads.

·
Registered
16,206 Posts
Hello all,
I was reading an older Thread about this but I'm not sure if anything has changed for 2020 or upcoming 2021.
Can someone go over these 2 packages? I know the Dynamics package comes with the 9.5 inch width rims and 275 width tires which is awesome. Also included is the Brembo 6 piston brakes which I'm not fond of due to the brake dust issue that if you want to address you have to change pads.
The Adaptive Damping Suspension gives you suspension modes and on the 1320 you get a line lock, do you get a line lock in that package or is that unique to the 1320?
I would gladly buy a 1320 IF you had the option to get different tires for the street. I would be driving my new Challenger on the street as well as the 1/4 track but that wouldn't be a regular thing. A few times a year is usually what I like to do. So having Drag tires from the factory isn't necessary. Also what I like about the 1320 is you get 4 piston Brembo Brakes. I'm wondering if that build would be better and just suck it up and buy new tires right out of the gate? Then I could address the brake dust issue right away as I heard it's not nearly as bad with the 4 pistons.

I wish Dodge would put more info on the website about the packages so you can get a better understanding if its worth the extra money in your build.

I gotta be honest , this is the first time I had so many issues trying to get my new car exactly the way I want it.

To give you guys an update on my current build but it's not in stone as I'm trying to get it tuned.

Scat Pack
Frostbite
Dynamics Package
Adaptive Damping Suspension
Napa/Alcantara Performance seats in Tan
Plus Package
Drivers Convenience package
Carbon Suede Interior Package
Automatic Transmission
I might get the Tech Group package, I have it on my Durango and it's very good.

Thanks guys.
What you've got in mind is a good package. Changing out the pads is a simple $100 job and you will have no dust and your rotors will last probably as long as you have the car.

The adaptive suspension is very nice, the fixed suspension cars are on the stiff side which can get old on bad roads.

Or just get the Widebody!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mantis1

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
the line lock is also on the '19+ Scat Packs - many features were incorporated into the 8.4 uConnect SRT pages from the other models.

changing out the brake pads is one of the easiest processes to do.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Took delivery of my SPS yesterday. The ride with Dynamics + Adaptive Damping is definitely smoother than the '18 R/T with PHG was, even running the SPS in normal/Street mode. Still breaking it in and haven't even messed with any other modes yet.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What you've got in mind is a good package. Changing out the pads is a simple $100 job and you will have no dust and your rotors will last probably as long as you have the car.

The adaptive suspension is very nice, the fixed suspension cars are on the stiff side which can get old on bad roads.

Or just get the Widebody!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That My Friend is gonna be the move. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
505 Posts
...Then I could address the brake dust issue right away as I heard it's not nearly as bad with the 4 pistons...
I just swapped out the pads on my 6 pistons. I spent way more time jacking up the car and removing/cleaning/reinstalling the wheels as I did swapping the pads. Literally, going slow and being meticulous, it was less than five minutes for each caliper. Front & rear Z23 pads were around $110 through Amazon.

As for the Adaptive Dampening suspension.... Playing around with the buttons when I first brought it home. Sheesh, this car is beating the tar out of my back on our country roads!! They aren't THAT bad. Then I remember I had punched the 'Track' button, oops. Put it back to street, and much better! Yeah, it is nice to be able to switch back and forth and not be locked in to one setting or the other.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just swapped out the pads on my 6 pistons. I spent way more time jacking up the car and removing/cleaning/reinstalling the wheels as I did swapping the pads. Literally, going slow and being meticulous, it was less than five minutes for each caliper. Front & rear Z23 pads were around $110 through Amazon.

As for the Adaptive Dampening suspension.... Playing around with the buttons when I first brought it home. Sheesh, this car is beating the tar out of my back on our country roads!! They aren't THAT bad. Then I remember I had punched the 'Track' button, oops. Put it back to street, and much better! Yeah, it is nice to be able to switch back and forth and not be locked in to one setting or the other.
That's not a bad deal for front and rear brake pads especially avoiding the brake dust issues that the factory ones have. Love it.
I'm anal as well, when I pull the wheels I'm in there cleaning everything. This will be a good time to ceramic coat the wheels as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts