Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened. I took the 392 on a 500 mile trip to see if the code would pop up and it did. P2097 fuel system rich bank 1. YAAYYYYY!!!!! I hope they have a fix for it.

·
Vendor
348 Posts
awesome lol. I got my GWE today so I guess I'll just wait for the cel :)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I had a P2098 on mine (bank2) with my first set of Solo highflow cats. Of course I have a 6.1 but a long-term lean fuel trim is a long-term lean fuel trim. The problem in my case was pinhole leaks in the weld around the downstream O2 bung. I found it by smoke-testing the pipe.

Maybe there is a weld issue in the LH headpipes on the 392?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I have been hearing, there will be a flash for the PCM to fix it. We will see.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Still it would be interesting to look for exhaust leaks, no?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Had a "fast feedback" vehicle at our facility a couple of months ago. Would set the fault after hiway driving. Several engineers came out, had my guy loosen up and then re-tighten exhaust after adjusting various points for fit. Guess what? Fault came back. They tested for leaks, found none, told us they would work on software update. Have not heard back yet, not aware of TSB fix yet. Told by them it is a nuisance issue, will not harm performance.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a "fast feedback" vehicle at our facility a couple of months ago. Would set the fault after hiway driving. Several engineers came out, had my guy loosen up and then re-tighten exhaust after adjusting various points for fit. Guess what? Fault came back. They tested for leaks, found none, told us they would work on software update. Have not heard back yet, not aware of TSB fix yet. Told by them it is a nuisance issue, will not harm performance.
Yep, no TSB or flash yet. Car still runs perfect but I think the sensitivity of the long term fuel trim needs to be adjusted. It THINKS its running rich but really not. It took about 350 miles of driving on the highway before it came on. Im gonna go clear my code now so i dont see the light on in my face. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
There is a fix from what I understand. Seems the PCM erroneously sets a code when a certain condition exists. There is a flash to fix this TSB 18-033-11

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet, the flash was released on the 24th!!!! Im gonna go flash my PCM tomorrow. Imma gonna go say " hey man!!! gimme that Witech!!!" LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seen it this weekend...figured it was b/c I went from putting E10 in it to putting Non-Ethanol in it! I was somewhat worried seeing how I was 200 miles from home and on a holiday weekend! Went off after driving another 30miles.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Seen it this weekend...figured it was b/c I went from putting E10 in it to putting Non-Ethanol in it! I was somewhat worried seeing how I was 200 miles from home and on a holiday weekend! Went off after driving another 30miles.

There is a fix for it. Go get the flash done.

Ask your dealer to check your VIN # in tech-connect. It will show all RRT and TSB for your car. This fix happens to be an RRT (rapid response transmittal)

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I could find no ethanol 93 oct where I live!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a fix for it. Go get the flash done.

Ask your dealer to check your VIN # in tech-connect. It will show all RRT and TSB for your car. This fix happens to be an RRT (rapid response transmittal)
Will do. My 08 Vette just got put in the shop today for the Active Handling! Ugh!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Add me to this list. I had my MIL light come off and on for the past few days. It was after I hit 500 miles. Originally, I thought it was due to the dealer putting 87 octane in my tank when they filled it up for me when I bought it. I took it back to the dealership last Friday and the service tech put a can of BG 44K in it for me and told me to top it off with 93. Anyhow, the light went off, but then came back on the next day. I took my car back to the dealership to have them check the error codes. Turns out I had two: P2097 and P2099. They flashed the PCM and so now it's a wait and see if the MIL comes back on.
Just thought I'd update this thread since the problem is still happening.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts