Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least so far.

First of all, thanks to all who participated in the spirited discussion that resulted from my previous post (Any SE regrets out there).

After way too much thinking and few ugly experiences at the dealerships, I opted to purchase the well optioned SE in the color i wanted. Its a used car, but with only 5765 miles on the odometer, it wasn't used much. For financing purposes, the bank still considers it a new car (2010 model year with less than 7500 miles)... good enough for me.

The CARFAX report indicated that it was purchased in NY back in Sept. 09 and sold here in CA several months ago. I don't have the original window sticker, but the options include the sunroof, nav, dvd, cd system, steering wheel controls, leather wrapped steering wheel & shift knob, 18" wheels, body stripes (long ones) and probably a few other items I"m not yet aware of.

The ride home (from LA to San Diego) was a great test drive... so as i said, add me to the list of happy SE owners.

MM

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats on the new wheels. Any pics?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Welcome to the Challenger club! So what color did you pick and where's the pictures?

·
Registered
119 Posts
At least so far.

First of all, thanks to all who participated in the spirited discussion that resulted from my previous post (Any SE regrets out there).

After way too much thinking and few ugly experiences at the dealerships, I opted to purchase the well optioned SE in the color i wanted. Its a used car, but with only 5765 miles on the odometer, it wasn't used much. For financing purposes, the bank still considers it a new car (2010 model year with less than 7500 miles)... good enough for me.

The CARFAX report indicated that it was purchased in NY back in Sept. 09 and sold here in CA several months ago. I don't have the original window sticker, but the options include the sunroof, nav, dvd, cd system, steering wheel controls, leather wrapped steering wheel & shift knob, 18" wheels, body stripes (long ones) and probably a few other items I"m not yet aware of.

The ride home (from LA to San Diego) was a great test drive... so as i said, add me to the list of happy SE owners.

MM
Congrats on getting your SE !!! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Congrats on your new car.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
congrats...hope your purchase meets all your needs and wants

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Welcome to the Club, let the modding begin.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks... the care is mineral (Tungsten) gray with the black stripes down the side. I'm still not 100% sure i"ll be keeping the stripes, but its a sharp car none the less. I'll see about getting some pix tomorrow.

As for the mods... hmmm its very tempting... but it will probably be a while and I'll keep it to a minimum.... kinda burnt out on the project car stuff.

I'm actually selling my 67 mustang convertible to pay for the challenger. The mustang was a 3 yr project and turned out pretty nice (if i do say so myself). But I'm looking forward to buying armor all instead of wd-40 at autozone for a change.

thanks for the warm welcome... look for pix tomorrow.

MM

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
as far as mods on a SE...well it is what it is an awesome looking car saddled with a decent motor.
I think appearance mods are a wiser investment for mods than performance...but to each their own

·
Registered
276 Posts
as far as mods on a SE...well it is what it is an awesome looking car saddled with a decent motor.
I think appearance mods are a wiser investment for mods than performance...but to each their own
100% agreed. The only mod that could be considered performance, although 100% looks imo is the R/T exhaust

·
Registered
630 Posts
As for the mods... hmmm its very tempting... but it will probably be a while and I'll keep it to a minimum.... kinda burnt out on the project car stuff.

MM
I look forward to seeing the pics.

I haven't seriously modded any cars, but I have spent a lot of dough modding three different Harleys. It was fun, but I'm just to the point where I don't feel the need to change a bunch of stuff on the Challenger. I've done a few things and will likely do a little more.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks folks... the care is mineral (Tungsten) gray with the black stripes down the side. I'm still not 100% sure i"ll be keeping the stripes, but its a sharp car none the less. I'll see about getting some pix tomorrow.

I'm actually selling my 67 mustang convertible to pay for the challenger. The mustang was a 3 yr project and turned out pretty nice (if i do say so myself). But I'm looking forward to buying armor all instead of wd-40 at autozone for a change.

thanks for the warm welcome... look for pix tomorrow.

MM
Congrats on the car,not too many if any current cool 6cyl cars out there like the Challenger,and a 2010 6cyl Mustang is just a complete "Chick Car"
Check out the detailing section of this forum,to each their own but my advice please please dont use Armor All,on your leather Zaino leather care is the way to go or Aero Space 303 ..enjoy your new ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
congrats, I think you can get a reprint of the window sticker if you want.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Welcome from one SE owner to another.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Congrats! You should be very happy. I think the SE is the right car for many folks. Never understood why they don't sell in bigger numbers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, here's the first photo of the challenger. I'll get something better later today.

And for anyone who's interested... here's a picture of the mustang I'm selling. I'll post more details in the Classified section soon.

mm

1 - 20 of 38 Posts