Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 RT with CAI, Kooks LTs with catless mids, and 93 octane dynotune
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some black wrap added to the nose, hood, roof, trunk, and spoiler. I went back and forth on the nose piece. But I think it adds to the overall look. In case anybody was looking to for ideas.

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
277 Posts
I like the header panel piece; it finishes the look. When the black stops at the front hood line, to me it looks like a primered hood was bolted on. I also like the fact that your header panel piece is the width of the hood PLUS the gaps. When they're just matched to the hood width, it gives a visual step-in at the header, because the gaps appear black along with the hood.

I'm toying with a similar idea, but may also do the fender tops, per vintage AAR and T/A. Just terminate it under the A-pillar on the fender tops. I may do some quick sketches to see how it would look. Nice job on yours!

Cheers!

JD

·
Registered
2017 RT with CAI, Kooks LTs with catless mids, and 93 octane dynotune
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the header panel piece; it finishes the look. When the black stops at the front hood line, to me it looks like a primered hood was bolted on. I also like the fact that your header panel piece is the width of the hood PLUS the gaps. When they're just matched to the hood width, it gives a visual step-in at the header, because the gaps appear black along with the hood.

I'm toying with a similar idea, but may also do the fender tops, per vintage AAR and T/A. Just terminate it under the A-pillar on the fender tops. I may do some quick sketches to see how it would look. Nice job on yours!

Cheers!

JD
Thanks. I had the same thoughts about the primered hood look!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
Nice look, although I am biased as I had mine painted in 2016 or 17, I can't remember
ed in

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts