Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the Mopar CAI installed Friday. Sounds great and feels like it added a little bit of power! Very happy.

It looks a little different than many I have seen - there is a larger inlet tube between the metal Mopar badged coupler and the throttle body and the sensor is installed to it rather than through the metal coupler.

Also installed my caliper covers. Was a little nervous about the blue but am very happy with them.

Attachments

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Looks just like my Mopar CAI . I added the Dips ,screen in the head light , and the Mopar tube.For direct air to it , ( photos )
I think your caliber covers in blue look great !!

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks just like my Mopar CAI . I added the Dips ,screen in the head light , and the Mopar tube.For direct air to it , ( photos )
I think your caliber covers in blue look great !!
Thanks! I thought the Mopar Blue looked good with the Pitch Black paint. I like those screens, may have to look into that.

What I was talking about in regards to the CAI being a bit different - your Intake Air Temp sensor is installed through a grommet in the metal coupler, which is exactly like all the ones I've seen online. Mine had a shorter metal coupler and a larger inlet tube that attaches to the throttle body and the IAT attaches to it instead of the metal coupler. I've attached a zoom in to show it better.

The CAI was part number 77070044AD, maybe they updated it recently.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: ChallengerBoston

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,139 Posts
Thanks! I thought the Mopar Blue looked good with the Pitch Black paint. I like those screens, may have to look into that.

What I was talking about in regards to the CAI being a bit different - your Intake Air Temp sensor is installed through a grommet in the metal coupler, which is exactly like all the ones I've seen online. Mine had a shorter metal coupler and a larger inlet tube that attaches to the throttle body and the IAT attaches to it instead of the metal coupler. I've attached a zoom in to show it better.

Nice job on the mods! I like the blue caliper covers too. :thumbsup:

As far as you intake goes, I can't answer if it's different or not, but would think that I'd rather have the IAT sensor in rubber because it doesn't heat soak like metal will (it does make difference if it's mild steel or aluminum, but rubber is still better because it's less conductive than metal).

Just my thoughts though.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Your caliper covers look great. It is nice to see an actual picture of them installed. Were they easy to install?
Very easy install takes long to get the car jack up take off the wheel , then to put on the covers
My covers have been on for 18,000 miles still look great

Attachments

Reactions: ChallengerBoston

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts

I think I rather have the set up like yours with CAI ,,

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts

Good to know. I guess they finally figured out that the IAT didn't quite reach the metal tube mounting location without separating the wire harness retainer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had the Mopar CAI installed Friday. Sounds great and feels like it added a little bit of power! Very happy.

It looks a little different than many I have seen - there is a larger inlet tube between the metal Mopar badged coupler and the throttle body and the sensor is installed to it rather than through the metal coupler.

Also installed my caliper covers. Was a little nervous about the blue but am very happy with them.
Looks great! Where did you buy the parts from?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the same mods (red caliper covers, though). Very pleased.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Looks great! Where did you buy the parts from?
My local dealer had a 15% off deal going on "accessories" so I got them from them for about what I'd pay online.

Stateline Dodge in Fort Mill, SC.

I like supporting the local dude when I can. They have been pretty great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts