Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got around and added a rear camera license plate frame last week. Today I added a front camera. I was going to mount it on the front plate but I couldn't see the air dam for those tall curbs. I rand the RCA and power cable thru the shifter boot on the firewall. The little foam insert just pulls out and I had to cut a notch on the boot from the inside. I decided to mount it in the air dam itself because its cheaper than the bumper if it don't work out. I just attached pics of the front camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, I finally got around and added a rear camera license plate frame last week. Today I added a front camera. I was going to mount it on the front plate but I couldn't see the air dam for those tall curbs. I rand the RCA and power cable thru the shifter boot on the firewall. The little foam insert just pulls out and I had to cut a notch on the boot from the inside. I decided to mount it in the air dam itself because its cheaper than the bumper if it don't work out. I just attached pics of the front camera.
Did you price having the back up camera done at the dealer? I'm curious..Would it be linked through the Nav screen?
How about the cost of parking sensors in the rear? :thanks:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Nice job!!!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you price having the back up camera done at the dealer? I'm curious..Would it be linked through the Nav screen?
How about the cost of parking sensors in the rear? :thanks:
The Lockpick harness goes between the radio harness and allows you to add cameras, and play dvd movies. The camera is a aftermarket license plate camera. My car already has parking sensors but there are rear cameras that have them built in.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Ordering lock pick V and cams tomorrow. I am looking forward to this upgrade/mod! This is a tough car to see out of without a doubt. At least we find it to be. This will at least help...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordering lock pick V and cams tomorrow. I am looking forward to this upgrade/mod! This is a tough car to see out of without a doubt. At least we find it to be. This will at least help...
Yes they are hard to see out of. I consider the cameras cheap insurance. If you do get a front camera, make sure you don't get a reverse image. Its freaking confusing haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts