Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have a problem.. or I am just incredibly indecisive.

When I got my bright white 2011 nearly 3 years ago it came with those black/red rallye stripes. I rocked em for a while then yanked them off and left her plain white. Then boredom set in and I had a set of silver metallic "392 style" stripes installed... Now they have been on for 2 years and I am debating stripping them off today.

Ahhhhh! Haha. To be fair the vinyl has taken a bit if a beating this past winter.. it needs a serious scrub in some spots (vinyl is clouding), and there are little bits and chunks missing all over. You can really only notice it up close... but I know it's there!

Anyone else going back and forth with their vinyl? As of now I want to leave her all plain... but possibly wrap the hood & spoiler in matte black vinyl.

Decisions.. decisions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my Graphics I just wish vinyl was a bit more durable to highway debris but I have to remind myself that if something thrown up chips the vinyl then at least it's done it's job and protected the paint. Easier and cheaper to get a section of vinyl re-applied than it would be to fix paint chips.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I think it's kinda like wheels and tires, it's a fairly easy and cheap way to completely change the way it looks and personalize it. Almost gives you the feeling of getting a new car without a huge expense. I've changed mine from the black SRT stripes to a '70 style black belt line stripe and love it...for now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think of my car as an extension of my personality. I like to be unique and have changed mine up a few times. I removed my factory black SRT stripes and had is solid white for a bit. I have since done a wrap job with a custom stripe. If you do all the work yourself it is pretty inexpensive to do a major change. Here are a few photos of my car, first is factory stripes the second is the current look.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
I've changed up striping on both of my Challengers.....note the changes in the pics..... :5:

First my RT........

P1030001-1 by vichris08, on Flickr

And my SRT.........

IMG_0795-001 by vichris08, on Flickr

P1040518-001 by vichris08, on Flickr

IMG_1066-001 by vichris08, on Flickr

Honestly I'll be putting the hockey stick stripe back on the the rear quarter panel soon. There was a flaw from the factory and they have sent me replacements for the ones I peeled off

·
Registered
456 Posts
Im in the same boat. I change my mind all the time. Had the stock stripes for the first 8 months then have changed the look a couple times since. Now Duke has me seriously considering a hood and trunk wrap. perhaps a dark gray? :scratchhead:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts