Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any one is interested i am working on a adaptor harrness to install a 8ch Kicker amp and front dash speakers to a base 4 ch system, will have a full diagram and parts list as soon as the last connecter and amp bracket comes in. so i can assamble the harrness and test.
Also looking for some one who has a challenger with the ipod connection in the center console need to see what components are needed to add that function... do not think that there should be much there might be able to adapt the mopar kit that puts the ipod in the glove box just make the harness longer and run to the console. haven't got that far yet on the ipod conversion. next after the amp prodject is finished.

Does any one have a extra dash speaker laying around I have a pair of kickers but still need one for the center... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Awesome! be nice to see this all work. I don't need it but others might find it very handy.

05029930ab gets you one kicker 3.5 for the center.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If routed correctly, the cable for the Ipod kit that shows it placed is the glove box is already long enough to reach the console and there is still about 12" that hangs out the side for use.
I had to convert my cable when I switched from the RES radio to the RER....

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
What is a point of adding an amp to the stock speakers? They are only built to handle minimal power and withing a certain range.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
are you making a wire harness to add the dash amp and 3 dash speakers to a car with just the base 4-speaker system and no amp?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! be nice to see this all work. I don't need it but others might find it very handy.

05029930ab gets you one kicker 3.5 for the center.

Thanks Boosted that part # will come in handy. I cant figure why the Kicker dash speaker kit only comes with 2 speakers not 3 but i guess chry will make a few extra bucks that way...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
are you making a wire harness to add the dash amp and 3 dash speakers to a car with just the base 4-speaker system and no amp?

Hi S/S Dodge
The Challenger is originally a base 4 speaker no amp system...
Upgraded door speakers with the kicker preminum 6x9 single voice speaker's rear deck with the Kicker Premium 6" 2 way speakers.
Also added the Kicker single sub and amp combo and a 30Gb MyGig.

Well had to spend my $2000 Mopar bucks on something besides the katskinzs and strut brace. car already had the Mopar Exterior Appearance Group and MOPAR Interior Appearance Group packages just missing the electronic convience group, working on that also.

Going to make a harness adaptor to add the Kicker 8 ch amp, The car did not have the amp, bracket, dash speakers or wiring...

now it dosent sound bad, but missing mids and high's in the front this will even out the sound Stage. so adding the Kicker 2way dash speakers will make a big difference

UPS has the last of my goodies, so hope first of week to get busy mounting sodering and making up the harnesses.

I have done plenty of car audio installs. just do not want to add all the weight of extra amps and speaker boxes Car is slow enough at the track so the extra weight of a bigger sound system, is a factor :disgust:

alreary added the Home link 60mi more and i can install the SRT8 Dash.

More fun fun fun.... I love Wiring

And a Big Thanks to S/S Dodge for the Homlink wiring info on his previous posts.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
you do know that you can buy the amp kit from chrysler already? it comes with the underdash amp, amp mounting bracket, and wire harness. it even has the wires for the 8" rear parcel shelf sub. i do not know if it have the harness for the 3 dash speakers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
you do know that you can buy the amp kit from chrysler already? it comes with the underdash amp, amp mounting bracket, and wire harness. it even has the wires for the 8" rear parcel shelf sub. i do not know it it have the harness for the 3 dash speakers.

Wow. Didn't know that. You happen to have a part number? Don't remember seeing that in the accessory books.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Boosted that part # will come in handy. I cant figure why the Kicker dash speaker kit only comes with 2 speakers not 3 but i guess chry will make a few extra bucks that way...

Part of the reason is that if you only have boston 6 (sound group 1) the factory amp won't run it anyway. Also the kicker equipped srts don't use the center channel at all, and I thought seriously about leaving it out on our car. That part number is simply for an additional left or right speaker that just happens to be the same as the center channel.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Wow. Didn't know that. You happen to have a part number? Don't remember seeing that in the accessory books.

77kick39

it gives you the much needed amp harness, 184 watt kicker amp, and the mounting bracket. it is a lot of money just for the harness and small amp. the stock Boston Acoustics amp is 276 watts. but, it is one way to get the wire harness.

i am going to buy the 20-way, 14-way amp connectors, and the 2-way dash speaker connectors and make my own harness.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes Tony I saw that kit in the order book, but it is only a 5 channel kit 184 watt 36.8 per channel and only adds the rear sub channel. The harness i am puting togeather will be a full 8 channel's and the amp 77KICK18ab that i am using is a 368 watt amp that will make 46 watts per ch. I will have the pin out for the sub channel but I am not sure i am going to use the sub channel as the kicker single sub pulls off of the left rear speaker to turn on and get the audio signal... This will be a big improvement over the stock system even over the 77kick39 kit. :smokin:

The amp connectors are about $100.00 + for both the small one is more expensive than the big one.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
you can get these online for less

20-way #05183484AA amp connector for $47.40
14-way #05183479AA amp connector for $29.10
2-way #68040489AA dash speaker connectors for $18.54 each

amp bracket #05081027AA for $13.14

you will still need the metra male and female connectors for the radio.

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I added readable links.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the bad weather is gone but home kitchen remodel has been kicking my rear...
finally about done and it's time to get back to wiring... will be posting progress in i hope a few days. and pictures to go with it. I can tell you adding the front channel's
will be worth the time and effort...

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
i built my own wire harness too. i now have the sound group II, up from the base audio. 7 boston acoustics speakers plus 8" sub and 368 watt kicker amp (77kick30AC)

there is a huge improvement over the base 4 speaker system.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got thru and pluging everything in and powered up the mopar kicker 8ch amp and all works perfect. its a big difference with the front channel working over a base 4 channel system. works with base radio and a my gig radio. so one more mod/upgrade working...

So i will be working on a wiring diagram and parts list, and post soon.

·
Registered
2009 V6 Challenger
465 Posts
Very nice, I also added the 77kick30 amp. did you use the 8" rear sub? Also what size and where did you get the two power wires from to feed the amp? I used the same wiring setup as tony (ss/dodge) did. Now my steering wheel switches will also control the radio. Sounds 10 times better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts