Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the 6 speaker boston system. I want to add something to the center dash slot.

Should I add a speaker or sub and why? I want more bass but not sure if bass in the center of the dash would be good? What size can I fit? Looking at an Alpine speaker or sub but dont want to clash sound against the factory boston system. After this I want to add one or two subs to the rear deck. I like the factory system but need more bass but dont want to go crazy with it.

Would I need to add an amp for anything that I do? Maybe a quality speaker in the dash for more sound and two subs on the rear deck next to the two that I have.

I noticed that these 450.00 alpine subs sell for like 120 on ebay????
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/swx-1243d

With the center dash speaker and two rear subs I should be as good as it can be. Would you add a sub to the center dash or a speaker and why? What rear subs or sub would you add? How about an amp?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I wouldn't add a center to a system not meant to have one. You need good processing to make a center work properly and it needs to receive the correct mono signal.

Do you want to add subs to the rear deck or just in the trunk? Adding a sub to the trunk would be simplest.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
go to car city or some one like that and let a professional do it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
adding a sub in the dash would require major work. i also agree with the 72 kid that tryign to add center channel speakers without a process meant to do that is going to give sub par results.

as for the sub in the trunk, only you can decide how much bass you want and need, what is plenty for one person maybe no where near for another. just decide how much bass you need, how much trunk space your willing to lose and find some quality speakers and amps to get you there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts