Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Adding a Media Center Screen

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bwbike 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

i have an Se Model and its pretty much a tripped down SE.

I wanna know if i am able to add a media center screen so that i can watch music videos, listen to music, bluetooth and perhaps even be able to connect an external hard drive containing movies and all my music and be able to play it from there? Is something like this available and what about pricing as well.

Thanksss!

#2 ·
If you want a factory option for music, bluetooth, and DVD movies you can send your VIN to these guys and will tell you what will work in your car and sell you factory new or reconditioned head units.

If you're looking for more features, check aftermarket options for your car here. I don't know of any of these units that will accept XViD files on a USB drive, but that's just because I haven't looked for that so such things might exist.

Please tell me you aren't planning on watching movies while you drive.

#3 ·
Another options is this...and I saw someone that did it recently and it is wicked cool

they removed the HVAC controls for the most part, relocated them and put in an ipad there...WAY WAY WAY more cool things to have a on a nice big screen...plus it detached!

I am sure it isnt easy, but if I didnt have the screen/nav I would be doing this in a heartbeat

#4 ·
okay Thank you guys and like i said i have the stock cd player thing + I am a complete noob on how all this would work..

I checked out the factory screen and the US Versions seems to be the REN Model. Price $340 sounds reasonable enough, will my dealership install these type of things or should i look elsewhere...
im quite unsure on the work that will need to be done to get it working unless its just plug and play and i dont have to make any extra holes, cuts, etc.

#5 ·
If you have the REQ radio, it will play DVD's (sound only). But, it does have a video output that allows a connection to a separate screen (that you supply). Some have done this over on the LX forums. Where you would mount the screen is up to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.