Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening, has anyone else on here ever added the shaker package to their 2013 R/T? I have ordered the parts and will have them installed after Christmas. With militaryu discount locally I got both needed kits (hood and induction) for 2400. Having hood painted to match before install.

So anyone else do this? Any issues crop up? Can they use my legmaker instead of the kit CAI :)

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,388 Posts
you'll need to trim the driver side half-cover if plan on using it.

The OEM bracket will require that side's cover to be trimmed /modify to use it. The passenger side will fit w/o any modification.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thought. As you can see I am doing red highlights on my car, inside and out. Nice contrast with blue. Anyway, wnyone know someone who makes the vinyl overlays for the Shaker emblems on the sides of the air induction kit?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Another thought. As you can see I am doing red highlights on my car, inside and out. Nice contrast with blue. Anyway, wnyone know someone who makes the vinyl overlays for the Shaker emblems on the sides of the air induction kit?
You may want to consider red 345 Hemi badges like the 392 cars have. You should be able to find some red 345s online. I know others have used them on their hoods at least. I've never been a fan of the "shaker" callout on the scoop but that's just my opinion. Looking forward to your updates.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You may want to consider red 345 Hemi badges like the 392 cars have. You should be able to find some red 345s online. I know others have used them on their hoods at least. I've never been a fan of the "shaker" callout on the scoop but that's just my opinion. Looking forward to your updates.
Thats a good thought, Amazon has the 345 over Hemi, Hemi in red, black and white.

https://www.amazon.com/Yoaoo%C2%AE-345HEMI-Emblem-Challenger-Chrysle/dp/B016AFCVRI/ref=pd_day0_263_19?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YD7SQ6E3RRMMW3QK3GS3

Hood is in the paint shop! I have been waiting for this for 3 years... I might go camp there next week..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Done!

Finally installed. Have not added the graphics to it yet, will order something besides SHAKER for cowl. Couldn't use my legmaker intake had to reinstall my original. I see a MOPAR one being bought soon.... Just cannot stand the way the stock tubes look.

May have to redo my stripes to add the parts on the hood, not sure yet if thats the look I want now...

I think I may be the only 2013 5.7 R/T Jazz Blue with a Shaker now haha..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Finally installed. Have not added the graphics to it yet, will order something besides SHAKER for cowl. Couldn't use my legmaker intake had to reinstall my original. I see a MOPAR one being bought soon.... Just cannot stand the way the stock tubes look.

May have to redo my stripes to add the parts on the hood, not sure yet if thats the look I want now...

Looks good! Did you go with the red 345 Hemi badges too?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

Personally I would just get the charger intake tube without the silencer.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,975 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Love the shaker! Just me, but I would lose the side stripes or go with a belt line stripe. I think putting the stripes onto the hood is too busy, the Shaker makes an impact just the way it is, just my .02. Great color on the car! Also, like your RatFink picture!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts