Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum,
Thinking about adding an amp and subwoofer to my 2016 SXT plus with the "Alpine" six speaker set up. I have upgraded all of the OEM speakers and added tweeters to the A pillars. How clean is the signal coming from the rear speaker leads? I'm thinking, those leads are already amplified and running to an amp would amplify it again. Just wanted to know how clear/clean the signal is going to the amp. With the speaker upgrades, the sound is amazing, just wanted some low end bass. I would also like to run the door speakers to the amp to get full range out of them as well. Any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the rear speakers are full range and the door speakers are low end bass. I recently put an 8" Kicker in the rear deck and used the rear speakers for the signal. I notice the sub doesn't give me only bass. It sounds like full range music coming through, but I don't mind it. The system is much louder and has stronger bass, so I'm satisfied

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
Add a line out converter to the rear speakers and then add a amp/subwoofer.The rears on the six speaker set up are full range.Try this before you mess with the door speakers.I think you will be happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts