Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Know this is an old thread. My dealer gave me a different part number for sensor on dash two in fact. # 6823014AB and # 68230113AA. I have been trying to see about adding auto head lights an fog. They told me it could not be done because they tried on a 2014 before so I wonder why some can and they could not. Can I check any thing before spending money?
The base 2014 SXT Sun Sensor that came with my car was #68230113AA and it did NOT support the automatic headlamps, only the auto temp control. I'm not familiar with the other part number mentioned. When I asked the supplier of my switch/fog lamp kit about auto headlamps, they told me I needed to get sun sensor part #68230114AA . It worked for me, although I had to pay my dealer for an hour labor (almost as much as I paid for the kit) to get everything activated. For that, I should have let them install it rather than doing all the hard work myself.

I think that there are multiple similar sun sensor parts with varying options:

68230113AA - Auto Temp Control (replaces 55111274AA; 55111900AB)
68230114AA - Auto Temp Control and Auto headlights (replaces 55111275AA; 55111902AA; 55111902AB)
68230115AA - Auto headlights (replaces 55111276AA; 55111903AA; 55111903AB)

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
He said it was throwing up an error code for a short in the HVAC system. The sun sensor is actually part of the HVAC system in some way according to all descriptions I've found of it, so everything should work right after I install the new sensor.
Probably detects moisture on the windshield to activate defrosters if it is in "auto"

·
Registered
2014 SXT
50 Posts
The part #68230113AA is in my car to. What do I have to replace when I change sensors? Just the sensor or the wiring harness to which would mean I need to take off a lot of the dash. I wish I could find a dealer here close that has done this or one I could talk to about it. I hate to waste money but I like the auto lights. My dealer said they tried everything on another car even changing sensor but you know how dealers are if they don't know they tell you it will not work. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The part #68230113AA is in my car to. What do I have to replace when I change sensors? Just the sensor or the wiring harness to which would mean I need to take off a lot of the dash. I wish I could find a dealer here close that has done this or one I could talk to about it. I hate to waste money but I like the auto lights. My dealer said they tried everything on another car even changing sensor but you know how dealers are if they don't know they tell you it will not work. Thanks for your help.
If you have a 2014 SXT and have already replaced the switch and had it activated by your dealer, then all you need to do is to replace the sensor. You can easily do it yourself. Just gently pry the sensor up, pull it out and unplug and then replace it. A thin blade will get it started. Just be careful not to let the connection wire fall back into the hole, of course. No need to do anything else to the dash. If the dealer correctly activated the auto headlamp function, then when you switch to A setting with the old sensor your headlights will always be on when your car is on. As soon as you plug in the correct sensor, they will only come on when the sun sensor detects darkness over the hidden EVIC threshold setting. Throwing your hat over the sensor is enough to verify the correct operation of the auto headlamp function and new sun sensor during the day.

·
Registered
2014 SXT
50 Posts
OK thanks. The hidden evic setting your talking about is it on all SXTs because mine does not have the top two buttons.Just the menu and arrows. Will it be there before are after the flash?
Thanks you are very helpful. Last new vehicle I bought was in 2004 so a lot has changed.
The fog light wires are there so that will be easy I hope.

·
Registered
108 Posts
OK thanks. The hidden evic setting your talking about is it on all SXTs because mine does not have the top two buttons.Just the menu and arrows. Will it be there before are after the flash?
Thanks you are very helpful. Last new vehicle I bought was in 2004 so a lot has changed.
The fog light wires are there so that will be easy I hope.
The hidden pages are on all SXTs, I believe. For 2012 to 2014 models access to the hidden pages just requires the arrows. Here's a video (not mine) demonstrating it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea43sZPFMFY

·
Registered
2014 SXT
50 Posts
Thanks now I'll start spending money to get light switch and fog lights plus the sensor. I have found all the parts online.Now to find a dealer to flash at a good price.My local dealer told me it can not be done but there is other dealers out there.You been a big help.

·
Registered
2014 SXT
50 Posts
No wonder Dodge doesn't want to add auto head lights an fog lights. Sale sheet shows it is an option at $1800 each. We could add them for less than $400 for both if the dealer could activate them both. I think they found our secret to saving money.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts