Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I wanted to solicit some feedback on adding additional gauges to my 2010 SRT8.

I am thinking of installing a pilar mount with 3x additional gauges and was considering these;

VOLT
OIL PRESSURE
BOOST

Was also considering TRANS TEMP, but not sure if that's possible or relevant in the Tremec 6 speed manual.

Has anyone attempted any of this and if so, what was your experience, and what recommendations if any can you provide?

Thanks all.
lewSki...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
i did a boost and afr guage in my car when i went with a supercharger. i would suggest a mechanical boost guage and not a digital. and for a afr guage.. that is all over the place.. i went with autometer only becuase they have been around since dirt. there is a ton of co that sell guages
i thought about this guage.. you can view 2 things at once.. data log with it ect but decided to go with auto meter.. plus you can get srt custom logo's on the face.
Aeroforce Technology Inc | Welcome

i would suggest what ever guages you do. on the afr guage.. make sure if you want to data log to a trinity with that you need a 0 - 5 volt output to go to the trinity.. my auto meter was 0 - 4 volt and i had to contact auto meter to convert it so it matched the afr numbers on the guage.

i would suggest this
Painless Performance Products 70213 Painless CirKit Boss Auxiliary Fuse Blocks - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

this will power all your guages.. you just tap into the factory fuse panel to power it.. go to youtube and put in challenger performance guage install. there is a video there to help.

any questions let me know
chris

·
Registered
3,565 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Transmission Temp Gauge

I got a AutoMeter trans guage, is there a "plug" on the automatic transmission that one can use to attach the temp probe? and is the plug on the front of the water pump big enough for a water temp probe that comes with the AutoMeter temp gauge fit or does it take an adapter for it to fit?

David

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
not sure on that david.. i have a 6 speed car.. might post that questions in the bolt on performance area.. more might see it and maybe someone will know.
for the water.. not sure why you would want another guage.. we already have it in the hidden EVIC menu..

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Just for Shi!s & Grins

Thought it just might look cool and you can always see the temps when the hood is up just something different..........Hell dude, I don't know........

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
us1,

does a boost gauge even make sense on a stock 6.1? Thought it would look cool, and the other gauges are just what I don't have native in the cluster.

Thanks...
lewSki

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
on a stock motor the boost guage is a complete waste of time and money.. a afr is always good.. stock or not. if you have a auto a trans temp is a good idea as well. one other one is FUEL pressure.. i would have liked to did that myself

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice. The more I thought about it, the less sense it made without the super charger, which I'm not doin, at least not yet ;-)

I have a 6 speed, so no tranny temp.

Think I'll do;

VOLT
AFM
OIL PRESSURE

I'm ordering the Autogauge Mopar White face, they look pretty nice and the backlight will em blue like the stock cluster.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Why. Volts, oil temp and oil pressure are in your extended evic on srt's

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Hold the bottom inside buttons on your steering wheel. You will be surprised what is in there

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
I subscribe to the less is more theology

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Hold the bottom inside buttons on your steering wheel. You will be surprised what is in there
I've never seen the volts in EVIC. Where is it? I know where tire pressure, oil temp, oil press is, but where is volts?

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Check out Speedhut gauges. I have them in my car and they are great!

Here are mine.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts