Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if I swapped OEM leather seats that are equipped with heat and cooling into my Scat Pack that does not have heat or cooling would it work? I guess my question would be are the 2017 Scat Packs already wired for the heating and cooling seats?

Thanks in advance
Jim

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
there's the additional harnesses as well as flashing the sales codes for heated / vented seats and there's probably an additional module for the heat / vent feature

Reactions: bchboy1206

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
A Katzkin leather installer can install custom leather with heat/cool.

https://katzkin.com

ADDITIONAL COMFORT OPTIONS

HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING
Katzkin offers OEM quality seating temperature control systems that can be incorporated into your premium leather interior. From our heat only system that offers a high and low level of warmth, to our state-of-the-art heating and cooling system that provides 3-levels of heat and 3-levels of air conditioned comfort, you’ll find these innovative options offered exclusively from Katzkin.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there's the additional harnesses as well as flashing the sales codes for heated / vented seats and there's probably an additional module for the heat / vent feature
So it's probably cheaper when all is said and done to just go with the Katzkins? I was hoping they would be plug and play kinda thing! LOL Thanks

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts

So it's probably cheaper when all is said and done to just go with the Katzkins? I was hoping they would be plug and play kinda thing! LOL Thanks
The Katzkins would be a great way to go! You can design them exactly like you want them and they're beautiful. You'll have your existing seats and there's nothing to change.
The Katzkin installer will do the necessary wiring and install the switches.
My brother had the heated and cooled option installed a couple of years ago in his '13 R/T.
You'll just need to search around and find an installer. The one I used does installs for 4 or 5 of the major new car dealers in the area and he's good at what he does.

Your Dodge dealer will know an installer and may get it done for you at a reasonable price.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,613 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have the part number of the harness needed to add the heated/ventilated option on my 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T?

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
Do you have the part number of the harness needed to add the heated/ventilated option on my 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T?
I don't.

I'm not aware if its a sub-harness, or whether the body wire harness have two configurations, with or without heated seats and that's the way they're done.

Or, conversely they're all built with the provisions (pigtail and connectors) already there.

Reactions: JyOutland

·
Registered
397 Posts
I dont know if the wiring is all setup either, however when I researched this myself was told you needed another seat module to hook it into the radio as well. The module at that time was not sold separately by steve white motors and you would still need a dealer to flash the code for heated and cooled seats as the Tazer currently does not have that option yet. I am with all the others though that say go with Katzkin as they work great and you can make your own custom interior seats,console, and doors.

Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for all the help! Katzkins looked good, but I preferred a true OEM look. I found some OEM Sepia seats and door panels coming from a hellcat. I was fortunate that the set did not have any blown airbags. 7 codes did come up after I did the seat swap, so I had to do some rewiring to get my challenger to recognize the hellcat seats. (I was very fortunate not having to take it to the local dealership to flash). I'm good for now, but would be ecstatic to find out how to properly wire the heated/ventilated option on these seats. Fyi, the seller did have another set of red suede seats for anyone interested on here. If anyone is interested send me a PM, and I'll forward you the details. I've attached some pics of the seats installed in my 2015 RT Plus.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey JyOutland what wires did you have to change for the car to read ghat you had helcat seat? Im having the same issue with the airbag and seat belts lights.
I'm so sorry it took so long to respond. It's been awhile since I've been on here. I had a buddy help me with the wiring. He used the old seats as a template to find out the proper wiring. I would be more than happy to take some pics of underneath the seat, if that helps. Let me know if you still need to get this done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts