Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having done their own install of cat-forward headers, do you think that the Heatshield Product, "Header Armour" (a flexible wrap-like a heat shield tin foil- that attaches with wire- that holds the heat into the header and decreases under hood temps up to 40%), do you think there is space enough to add this product after the headers are installed? That is, if I remove the mid pipes and come at it from underneath the car? I can't answer this myself as I had a shop install the JBA "shorties"
Looking for experience with the header install and opinions on accomplishing this "Header Armour" project. Product available from Summit. My under hood temps are just too high.

Regards,
Mark

·
Registered
46 Posts
I too would like to know this, I'm on my 3rd alternator in 2 years because of my long tubes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car was on a lift to install an H-pipe. The mechanic and I looked up, past mid-pipes-if they(the mids) are removed we both agreed, Header Armour could be made to wrap the headers and contain the heat.
At the time of my header install I used OEM (I think, 5.7L-but check!) header gaskets with built-in heat flanges(they were far better than JBA header gaskets) and I wrapped my alternator cable with a thermo-sleeve, a tip picked-up on this forum. No alternator issues.
You can also buy heat protection that is moulded to fit the alternator, if that's whats required. Check out Summit.

Good luck.

Regards.
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts