Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Guys,
I drove charger and found out that it has lane assist feature along with ACC. Seems like challenger doesn't come with lane assist but has all the sensors anyways. I kinda miss this feature when I came from passat to challenger.
Can we add this feature by software or hardware tweak?

Reference:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I might be wrong but isn't this the camera/sensor? The small circle is showing the light sensor (for auto high beam headlights and radio brightness?). I suspect the bigger circle is the lane sense camera. As usual, Mopar uses the same hardware and design so I was wondering if I can start a new project to reprogram ECU to unlock lane assist features as chargers have. Sounds complicated but looking for someone who can work with me online to get this done. And I get use my engineering skills :ROFLMAO:
Vehicle: Dodge Challenger GT. Factory ordered with all the packages/options.
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Azure Automotive tire

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
1,018 Posts
The sensor in the small circle is only for the ambient light measurement for the automatic dimming mirror. Automatic headlights use the sensor on the dashboard (the sun load sensor), which also is used for dimming the lights in the instrument cluster and radio screen. The sensor in the big circle, if I remember correctly, is for automatic windshield wipers, but I am not sure about it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sensor in the small circle is only for the ambient light measurement for the automatic dimming mirror. Automatic headlights use the sensor on the dashboard (the sun load sensor), which also is used for dimming the lights in the instrument cluster and radio screen. The sensor in the big circle, if I remember correctly, is for automatic windshield wipers, but I am not sure about it.
Thanks. That makes sense. I'm curious to see the picture of lane sense camera or may be the part number so that I can investigate more in technical terms how does it work in chargers

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
31,305 Posts
The main component of the LDW+ system is the forward facing camera. The camera mounts near the rear view mirror and communicates on the CAN-C bus. The camera also has a dedicated private CAN B bus that connects directly to the radar sensor and that is used for forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control. The camera has the ability to detect alignment faults and is adjusted similar to the smart beam camera.

Operation
Font Parallel Screenshot Document Paper

Operation (seems simple enough :oops: )
Font Parallel Pattern Number Paper product

A Guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.