Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added this same exact setup to my redline last year and everything worked fine. Now I have an rt with the base 6 speaker set up but no sound from subwoofer. Amp lights up , Lc2i lights up but zero sound. I've tried to go back and trouble shoot what it could be but don't see any issues....I'm tapping into the rear deck also just like i did on the redline.....any suggestions?? This is Driving me insane lol

·
Registered
956 Posts
Check the stupid stuff. Make sure the gain on the amp isn't set to 0. Same for the LOC. It's usually something stupid where you end up saying "Duh. How could I have overlooked THAT". If either the amp or the LOC have onboard fusing, check the fuses. If they don't, make sure you've got inline fuses to protect them. Make sure you don't have the factory head unit faded full forward or the rear deck speakers won't be getting a signal.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the stupid stuff. Make sure the gain on the amp isn't set to 0. Same for the LOC. It's usually something stupid where you end up saying "Duh. How could I have overlooked THAT". If either the amp or the LOC have onboard fusing, check the fuses. If they don't, make sure you've got inline fuses to protect them. Make sure you don't have the factory head unit faded full forward or the rear deck speakers won't be getting a signal.
I just checked everything..even took the sub out of the box to check the wiring but still no sound. I was thinking maybe I got the wiring in the rear speakers mixed up but those were good. All lights are a go..lc2i maximized light even turns on if the bass knob is turned too high. This is killing me, the same exact equipment was working two days ago in the redline. I don't know what else to check......

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the diagram link. Yea it's the same, I double checked the wires and they we're good. I'm thinking something weird might have happened to the lc2i or the amp, but neither is giving any led indication that they are fried or not receiving power.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Check your Wire(Fuse) That Connects To Your Amp/Battery your Fuse Could Be Blown Out. Just Take it Out & Replace It With A New One.See If That Helps You.

@DJPiezo

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thanks for the diagram link. Yea it's the same, I double checked the wires and they we're good. I'm thinking something weird might have happened to the lc2i or the amp, but neither is giving any led indication that they are fried or not receiving power.
A couple of thoughts,

Could be a bad LC2i or a problem with your sub/amp/connection

What is the base system in your car? When I had my LC2i setup I tapped into the Boston Acoustics SGII 8" subwoofer connection and ran that into the left channel input of the LC2i, RCA out to sub amp.

If you are tapping into the two rear speakers then a possible test would be to see if the high pass output from the LC2i is sending out any signal. There are 2 RCA outputs on the LC2i the bass and a high pass. If you have additional amps in your setup simply connect the High RCA output on the LC2i to one and see if there is signal. If you have nothing from the low and high RCA out that might lead to a bad LC2i. If the high out is working it could be a problem with the sub amp/connection.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After trying and testing everything without any results for my own sanity I just ripped everything out of the car lol I am going to replace the HU and start over re-building the system top to bottom with new components.

·
Registered
101 Posts
does your new car have a middle rear sub? if so its possible if you tap off the rear speakers the factory amp filters out some of the lower frequency's to protect the speakers. I had to tap in to the rear sub connectors and i still think the freq. comeing from it aren't as good as if i had a unfiltered line right from an aftermarket deck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I too have the base unit with the 6 speaker system I am also interested in knowing where I should tap into for the subwoofer. If there were to be a sub in my stock system where would I expect to find it?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The rear right and left speakers is the place to tap..it worked fine and sounded awesome on my rallye redline.. i just think my lc2i or amp might have fried itself somehow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
6 month later update...drum roll please, finally after a new amp and new loc today I find that my speaker wire splice that was hidden in plastic tubing had disconnected, yea I'm an idiot lol lessons learned. Wasted about $300 but hey life moves on, will have an hifonics brutus 1200w amp and PAC loc for sale super cheap soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts