Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been searching around and looking through the forums on what everyone has done with aftermarket stripes and Lcpl Wade and doughboy's Hurst style has definitely caught my attention.

A few of my questions are:

With a Silver Metallic paint job which color vinyl option would look best (and a good manufacturer to buy some rolls from...3M)?

Matte Black
Carbon Fiber Black
Or Clear Coat Black

Also when I bought the car the guy had put custom vinyl hashes off the hood, now I've done window tint install and removal am I correct to assume the vinyl will come off with a little heat or is there a more proper way of removing them? From the posts I have read it seems like the vinyl stripes/hood wraps are applied in the same manner as window tint just a different material of course.

If anyone has any images of their Silver R/T's with some different color options please post em to give me a better idea of what to go with!! I'm leaning toward the Carbon Fiber after seeing Lcpl's sick job!

Thanks for the imput!

Cheers

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yessir, heat'll help you pull the vinyl off. If you're having weather like we are in North Texas these next few days ... park it out in the sun and let nature do the work in softening the adhesive. If not, I'd use a hair dryer on the medium setting to warm it, then grab a corner and start pulling. Find a "gentle" remover to help get rid of any remaining adhesive before giving it a thorough cleaning and adding anything new to the area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yessir, heat'll help you pull the vinyl off. If you're having weather like we are in North Texas these next few days ... park it out in the sun and let nature do the work in softening the adhesive. If not, I'd use a hair dryer on the medium setting to warm it, then grab a corner and start pulling. Find a "gentle" remover to help get rid of any remaining adhesive before giving it a thorough cleaning and adding anything new to the area.
Awesome thanks! Unfortunately for me being in Southeast Michigan we are not having as nice of weather as you down there haha. Low 50's today!! Supposed to be in the 80's to low 90's Wednesday though. This will probably be a mid June/July project.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're really considering the CF, get with David at Big Worm Motorsports Vinyl Graphics and see if he can send you a sample of their textured CF. It's pretty sweet, just wasn't what I was looking for on my GCM.
Thanks, Yea I have a local graphics shop up here by me I've been talking to and have them sending me a couple of samples from the 3M products they carry. I just hear how easily the Matte stains or gets dirty, just another reason I'm leaning toward the CF right now.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Matte black is my favorite on any color car.

Just me.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T
176 Posts
Don't forget black or even white reflective stripes for the side of your car. I wouldn't recommend them for the hood. I had black reflective on my old dart, they would shine bright silver with direct light. My wife's new mustang has reflective white site stripes and tail stripe. Very striking at night with my hid's.

Bill

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Thanks, Yea I have a local graphics shop up here by me I've been talking to and have them sending me a couple of samples from the 3M products they carry. I just hear how easily the Matte stains or gets dirty, just another reason I'm leaning toward the CF right now.
The matte black we use is easy to clean since you can use spray detailer on it without damaging it, we use McGuire's Ulimate Quik Detailer on a regular basis with no change to the color of the material. Also if you use the spray detailer have cleaning the car, bird droppings & road grime won't stick to the surface. Dust seems to stick to the carbon fiber more than other material.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts