Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my midlife crisis car- a 2016 Challenger. Have been dreaming about it for years. I bought an SXT-Plus since it will be for very occasional driving and I could not justify the upcharge to a Hemi. Color is silver. I want to have a black center racing stripe added. But I feel like it needs a "little something" else on the sides. I like the MOPAR stripe with the word Challenger near the read QP. Is that too much? In Googling pictures, I am not seeing examples with center racing stripe plus something else. Do not want it to be tacky or ghetto when done. Would love to see pictures of a side embellishment used in combination with center stripe. Also, what are favorite, longest-lasting brands/manufacturers of stripe decals?
Thank you,
Jenny GB

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I just bought my midlife crisis car- a 2016 Challenger. Have been dreaming about it for years. I bought an SXT-Plus since it will be for very occasional driving and I could not justify the upcharge to a Hemi. Color is silver. I want to have a black center racing stripe added. But I feel like it needs a "little something" else on the sides. I like the MOPAR stripe with the word Challenger near the read QP. Is that too much? In Googling pictures, I am not seeing examples with center racing stripe plus something else. Do not want it to be tacky or ghetto when done. Would love to see pictures of a side embellishment used in combination with center stripe. Also, what are favorite, longest-lasting brands/manufacturers of stripe decals?
Thank you,
Jenny GB
Congrats, and welcome!

95% of the population already believes the car is tacky by itself, you'll have to learn to disregard what they think or you'll never be happy. Easy way to not overdo it is just to copy someone else. To that end, a quick google search of "challenger stripes" will yield a ton of results.

You can also check out ridergraphix.com, reflectiveconcepts.com, or vinylimagination.com. They sell some pre-cut stuff you could install yourself or go to a shop and have it installed for you.

Good luck stopping at stripes, lol.

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Congrats on your new ride.

I have the factory "Modern R/T" hood stripe and aftermarket "TA" style side stripes on mine.

Check out my "garage" section for picks.

Best of luck choosing what you like.

·
Registered
613 Posts
As others have said, do what makes you happy.

In my opinion, you pick middle stripes or side stripes though, never both. At least I wouldn’t. Makes the car look “busy”.
I do however like cars with black hoods and then side stripes. But to each their own.
IMG_7657.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Congratulations!!! A little really does go a long way. Side stripes look great and are move readily visible. Too much tattooing and it will draw the eyes away from what could be impactful. Don't make her too busy, go with either side stripes, hood on back stripes or back quarter black decal over the trunk and into the rear QPs, where you could add the 'Challenger' name if desired. Above all, be happy with your choice and don't worry about what others would think. Peace.

·
Registered
968 Posts
95% of the population already believes the car is tacky by itself, you'll have to learn to disregard what they think or you'll never be happy.
Seriously? The Challenger is considered a "tacky" car by 95% of people? I haven't found that to be the case at all during my brief ownership, which is why I'm curious as to what you mean here. Just about everyone I run into loves the way the car looks. I could understand "impractical" due to it only have two doors, but "tacky"? No way!

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Seriously? The Challenger is considered a "tacky" car by 95% of people? I haven't found that to be the case at all during my brief ownership, which is why I'm curious as to what you mean here. Just about everyone I run into loves the way the car looks. I could understand "impractical" due to it only have two doors, but "tacky"? No way!
Yes, they like how it looks in the same way people like celebrities.

Sure they'd sleep with them once, but probably wouldn't marry them because they wouldn't want the attention, or they think marrying a celebrity is weird, or they're afraid to look like gold diggers, or whatever excuse they can possibly come up with.

In this case, most people think you're going through mid-life crisis if you buy a sports car before you're retired, specially a muscle car. They just assume you get 3 MPG and you do 20mph+ over the speed limit everywhere you go.

We don't see it because we're car guys and we know it to not be true. Well, maybe not that second part about the speed limit... >:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In this case, most people think you're going through mid-life crisis if you buy a sports car before you're retired, specially a muscle car. They just assume you get 3 MPG and you do 20mph+ over the speed limit everywhere you go.
HaHa! I am not worried what people think! I am a 40-something woman with 2 teens who bought this as a break from my mommy vehicle! Husband is unhappy because I am now going to add on to the driveway for my new toy. Kids think I have lost my mind. Neighbors haven't figured out yet that it is here to stay. I expect to stump people's ordinary stereotypes with my new ride!

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
HaHa! I am not worried what people think! I am a 40-something woman with 2 teens who bought this as a break from my mommy vehicle! Husband is unhappy because I am now going to add on to the driveway for my new toy. Kids think I have lost my mind. Neighbors haven't figured out yet that it is here to stay. I expect to stump people's ordinary stereotypes with my new ride!
Exactly, lol.

Everyone thinks you're off your rocker at first, it'll wear off.

·
Vendor
1,695 Posts
Thank you,
Jenny GB
Jenny, take a look at the Challenger graphics on our website here... https://www.ridergraphix.com/2015-2018-Dodge-Challenger-Graphics-c32944562

We design and manufacture all of our own kits. We do not resell kits bought from another supplier like some others do.

We have many different designs that can be used in conjunction with each other. If you have any questions, please email my at [email protected] We have been a Supporting Vendor of these Forums since 2008 when the Challenger first came back out. You cam also use the Coupon Code CTFORUM10 for $10 off your order.

Please let me know if I can help. Would love to have pics of your car for our website.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I went with the black hashmarks from Ridergraphix, and I think they look great. I remember worrying that they might be hard to align and install, but it ended up being easier than I thought and I am really happy with the look. If your car is silver then you can probably imagine that it'll look similar.

I think my 3 year old put a scratch in one of my drivers-side hashmarks that I intend to redo someday. It sounds like your kids are older, hopefully they won't be too hard on yours!

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,695 Posts
I went with the black hashmarks from Ridergraphix, and I think they look great. I remember worrying that they might be hard to align and install, but it ended up being easier than I thought and I am really happy with the look. If your car is silver then you can probably imagine that it'll look similar.

I think my 3 year old put a scratch in one of my drivers-side hashmarks that I intend to redo someday. It sounds like your kids are older, hopefully they won't be too hard on yours!
If you want to replace them, send me an email I will give you a special Coupon Code for a returning customer. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
When I had my 2015 Shaker I added the RT side stripes to match my wife's 2011 RT Classic. I thought they went well with the factory shaker stripes.
I now have a Scat Pack Shaker and am doing the same thing.

Like many have said, do what YOU like.
:)

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,695 Posts
When I had my 2015 Shaker I added the RT side stripes to match my wife's 2011 RT Classic. I thought they went well with the factory shaker stripes.
I now have a Scat Pack Shaker and am doing the same thing.

Like many have said, do what YOU like.
:)
Let me know if we can help, would love to have pics of your B5 for our website. PM or email me at [email protected] if interested. I will get you a special coupon code to use.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you want to replace them, send me an email I will give you a special Coupon Code for a returning customer. [email protected]
Thanks! Can't say I wouldn't like to correct that. I'll probably reach out to you guys a little later this year.

·
Vendor
1,695 Posts
Thanks! Can't say I wouldn't like to correct that. I'll probably reach out to you guys a little later this year.
Whenever you're ready. If you have pics now, please send some over I will add them to our website.

·
Vendor
1,695 Posts
Timely, indeed. I ordered a set of stripes from Ridergraphix yesterday.
Great company to deal with.
And they were shipped out today!!! Please post pics once installed.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
@ChallengerBoston is spot-on...."less is more".

These cars have some fantastic lines to them; you want your stripes to accentuate those lines, not take away from them.

If you want the center line stripe, don't lessen it's impact with anything on the sides, and visa versa.

There's a ton of vendors out there (start with our supporting ones first! :grin2:) from which to get ideas. If you find something you like, go for it. Or....

....find a vinyl sign company near you and talk with them. Many do cars also, but don't market that segment. Don't be afraid to take ideas from pictures on the web and modify them to exactly what you want...also, don't be afraid to come up with a design idea and take it to the vinyl sign company; they'll be able to make and install almost anything you can think of. That's what I did with my current Challenger, and that's what I'm in the process of doing for my future (6 weeks and counting) Challenger.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
20 Participants
19johned53
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing