Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have Eibach sway bars front and back with BMR adjustable End links on my 2010 Challenger RT. I need to adjust these as they are out of whack but I have no idea what length the stock units were. When doing this should I be setting the sway bar and parallel with the ground while suspension is fully loaded at ride height? Or does anybody have the stock length of the sway bar end links they could have let me know? I'm writing on coilovers so I'm definitely lowered about 1.5" or so. Any help would be great as I can't really find anything definitive on how to set these up without the stock lengths. Everything says just make them the same length and go from there.

Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (鈥12 Cop Charger)
I have a set of the front end links on my shelf, are those the ones you need the measurements of?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Front and rear really but that would be awesome, thanks Nuke.

From what I'm gathering the ends of the sway bar should be level with the ground when you're sitting on full weight. Does that sound right? I mean I want the stock measurements to get me a starting place because I honestly have no idea it's been so long and I kind of had it all installed at once.

Premium Member
Alright see if these measurements are of any use:
Length (excluding ball joints): 7.0 inches
Ball joints (outer diameter; each): 1.25 inches
Ball stud (centered; from outer edge): 5/8 inch

See attached pics for reference on how I arrived at these measurements.
Light Black Musical instrument Font Gas
Gas Automotive tire Auto part Metal Font
Automotive tire Line Synthetic rubber Wood Font

As far as the sway bar ends鈥 installed orientation, mine are actually not level with the ground, but I think they are supposed to be (your guess sounds right to me).

My car is lowered but I don鈥檛 have any of the hardware installed to account for it, so the struts are leaning back more than normal, pulling the end links up and back slightly, and that orients the ends of the sway bar at a slight incline with respects to the ground as a result.

But that鈥檚 not optimal obviously, I think having them level with the ground is though.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop

A Guy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks A Guy. And answer to your questions yes you would want to account for whatever weight is going to be in the car and where it would be sitting when adjusting. You want all four corners of the car to be level with themselves so if you have the front on ramps you would want the back on ramps. You want the suspension loaded like it would be sitting on the road. This was where my question came in. I believe the ends of the sway bars are supposed to be parallel with the ground. You then would adjust your adjustable links to where there is no preload on them, IE they are able to spend by hand freely. Didn't want to drive it a good 20 to 40 miles plus and check it again to make sure that nothing has shifted or settled in.

Oh and thank you too Nuke. I just needed a little confirmation and that sounds good to me I'm going with level. So weird that there's not any detailed information out there on this seeing as how they're so popular and used so much.

Super Moderator
Probably have Nuke re-measure from bolt / stud - center to center for both ends. That's the working length you'll need as a starting point.

the front bar ends would be level for the rear - the bar end has that loop end, so its not "level" in that instance.

Premium Member
Probably have Nuke re-measure from bolt / stud - center to center for both ends
But I just cracked open my first beer of the day...and by the time I find the measuring hootus and end link again, I'll likely be halfway through my second beer of the day!

Alright, fine...never let it be said that I put one of my vices before the needs of the members here. I'll suspend my intake of cold, delicious alcohol until such time as I can remeasure and post up the more accurate data.

Premium Member
I鈥檓 getting 8.25鈥 from center of ball stud to center of other ball stud.

Super Moderator
But I just cracked open my first beer of the day...and by the time I find the measuring hootus and end link again, I'll likely be halfway through my second beer of the day!

Alright, fine...never let it be said that I put one of my vices before the needs of the members here. I'll suspend my intake of cold, delicious alcohol until such time as I can remeasure and post up the more accurate data.
everybody has their price; apparently beer (of Nuke's choosing) will be part of that negotiation :)

Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T, 6 speed
I set mine up so the swaybar parallel to the ground when at ride height. That will get you extremely close. Then I took it to a shop and had a race alignment and corner balance done to get that last few percent out of it. It's night and day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts