Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy a adjustable front bumper air diffuser for a 2013 RT at? I cant find them online, I guess it is a item that you have to fabricate?:8:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still looking online and still cannot find anything out about the product but I can find pictures of it on Google images????

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Are you talking about a front splitter? Diffusers are used at the rear. Maybe knowing this well help in your search. :) Also, there are threads on here about front splitters, Luke @ Steve White recently had some up from his first batch. Short answer is that for our cars they're generally going to be custom made, not sure if Luke still has some available or not.

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Why would anyone want one on their car anyway? You guys make a fuss about drilling holes in your fascia for license plates but 4 giant holes for this monstrosity is OK? Who would have guessed?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I kinda agree, at least for my car. I really like the way the splitter looks, and think ghosts looks awesome, but I had to do entire nose conversion recently, and got rid of the holes for the license plate, so drilling giant holes for a front splitter is not on my list of soon to do's. If I figure out a way to do it without the holes in the bumper, definitely. With all that said, I still think it looks wicked cool.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I kinda agree, at least for my car. I really like the way the splitter looks, and think ghosts looks awesome, but I had to do entire nose conversion recently, and got rid of the holes for the license plate, so drilling giant holes for a front splitter is not on my list of soon to do's. If I figure out a way to do it without the holes in the bumper, definitely. With all that said, I still think it looks wicked cool.
Wicked Cool ,REALLY??? Having a flat funky looking ledge hanging off a nice factory spoiler, I fail to see the WICKED part, maybe WICKED UGLY. Has a purpose on a race car, looks silly on a street car.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Why would anyone want one on their car anyway? You guys make a fuss about drilling holes in your fascia for license plates but 4 giant holes for this monstrosity is OK? Who would have guessed?
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

:pokeowned:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Wicked Cool ,REALLY??? Having a flat funky looking ledge hanging off a nice factory spoiler, I fail to see the WICKED part, maybe WICKED UGLY. Has a purpose on a race car, looks silly on a street car.
Or it could just be that your one of those annoying internet antagonists that never has anything positive to say, which seems evident after reviewing the vast majority of your posts on this forum. There's plenty of things on modern performance cars that the "functional" purpose is highly outweighed by the aesthetic purpose.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Or it could just be that your one of those annoying internet antagonists that never has anything positive to say, which seems evident after reviewing the vast majority of your posts on this forum. There's plenty of things on modern performance cars that the "functional" purpose is highly outweighed by the aesthetic purpose.

Adding a book shelf to the front of your car is aesthetic, and having to drill holes in your bumper to do it-PRICELESS? :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Besides, what are you, a psychic? There's a track right down the road here in BCS, who knows, I could be putting one on so I could crank out better times because I need more downforce around the 130mph curves.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Refer to my first post there Isaac Newton

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Besides, what are you, a psychic? There's a track right down the road here in BCS, who knows, I could be putting one on so I could crank out better times because I need more downforce around the 130mph curves.

Knock yourself out if your going to take an overweight pony car out to do 130+, think you want the downforce on the REAR where the DRIVE WHEELS ARE!:yikes:
AND, that just bolted to the front fascia without being connected to a structural member would probably peel off like a banana skin at 130.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Well obviously you're not real familiar with what a splitter does so I'll enlighten you. Front splitters are not solely for the creation of downforce on the front tires. They create a smaller space for air to go underneath the body of the car, smaller volume, faster air. Upon exiting the rear of the vehicle, a diffuser in the rear sucks the air, via a Venturi mechanism, out from underneath the car, creating a vacuum, creating downforce on ALL four wheels, including the rear. And at 130, downforce on the front wheels during a turn is just as important as it is the rear. Cars gonna follow the front wheels. If they aren't sticking, cars not going to either.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Well obviously you're not real familiar with what a splitter does so I'll enlighten you. Front splitters are not solely for the creation of downforce on the front tires. They create a smaller space for air to go underneath the body of the car, smaller volume, faster air. Upon exiting the rear of the vehicle, a diffuser in the rear sucks the air, via a Venturi mechanism, out from underneath the car, creating a vacuum, creating downforce on ALL four wheels, including the rear. And at 130, downforce on the front wheels during a turn is just as important as it is the rear. Cars gonna follow the front wheels. If they aren't sticking, cars not going to either.

That's what a splitter does in CONJUNCTION with a rear diffuser and underbody work do, this BOOKSHELF does nothing but make your car a NASCAR poser. :deadhorse:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Knock yourself out if your going to take an overweight pony car out to do 130+, think you want the downforce on the REAR where the DRIVE WHEELS ARE!:yikes:
AND, that just bolted to the front fascia without being connected to a structural member would probably peel off like a banana skin at 130.
Wrong again, Ghost had his up to 155 with no problems, and it's basically got big fender washers on the backside of the mounts. No structural attachment

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
That's what a splitter does in CONJUNCTION with a rear diffuser and underbody work do, this BOOKSHELF does nothing but make your car a NASCAR poser. :deadhorse:
BS. Though the Challengers don't come with a rear diffuser, the contour of the rear bumper functions as a weak diffuser, so the addition of a front splitter would still have an effect. But i won't argue physics because it's quite obvious you're not real familiar with the subject.

Q

·
0 Posts
Simple question being asked by the OP and all you can do is put down anyone with an interest in the look or use... Whatever.

Why don't you start your own thread and complain to your heart's content

If female attention is what you need to calm yourself down then please find some. I'll even lend you the money if that's what it takes. :rolleyes:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Simple question being asked by the OP and all you can do is put down anyone with an interest in the look or use... Whatever.

Why don't you start your own thread and complain to your heart's content

If female attention is what you need to calm yourself down then please find some. I'll even lend you the money if that's what it takes. :rolleyes:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Haha :wave:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts