·
Vendor
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of this??

Professional Designed ... Check!
Track tested ... Check!
Race Proven ... Check!

Who would be interested in an adjustable upper arm like this? (I will have more pics off the race car soon, but wanted to share this with you.)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Excuse the ignorance, but what's the advantage to having an upper adjustable control arm. I'm kinda like Tom Cruise (not as good looking, not as rich, and not as wierd) in Days of Thunder, "I just don't have the vocabulary". I can drive the hell out of it, but I don't always know how something works.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I believe you can use this to adjust the camber of the wheels more than you can with the stock setup. It would be great for a track car. Plus, I'm sure it's a few pounds lighter than the stock piece.

My questions would be, how well does it handle daily use? Track strength is good, but how many races will the piece last before it requires replacement? And what does this translate into real world miles?

If it is a long-lasting piece, I think it's worth it to the owner who loves to take their Challenger to the track.

I like it's (apparent) simplicity in design, also. It looks very easy to adjust.

·
Vendor
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is another pic ...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would be very interested. Is that a spherical bearing and a big bolt in place of a conventional ball joint? I like that alot. What about lower control arms? do you have pictures of the setup on the race car?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
For a daily driver or higher mileage driver, that looks like it's going to require regular maintenance to upkeep.

·
Registered
364 Posts
What do you think of this??

Professional Designed ... Check!
Track tested ... Check!
Race Proven ... Check!

Who would be interested in an adjustable upper arm like this? (I will have more pics off the race car soon, but wanted to share this with you.)
Are these available!?!?!? These look Great! I was about to buy the Eibach ones but these seem way more durable. The Eibach / SPC ones have just a small bolt holding it which scares me a bit. :11:

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I currently have the SPC UCAs and the ones here appear to be more adjustment-friendly. The problem I have with the SPC's combined with how low my car sits is it's virtually impossible to get a good bite on the ball-joint nut to make sure it's nice and tight.

Looks like with these ones you can easily adjust camber and also adjust caster to a specific setting instead of a pre-set one like SPC.

The only downside I can see is the transmission of noise since there's no bushings for the body-side mounts?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I currently have the SPC UCAs and the ones here appear to be more adjustment-friendly. The problem I have with the SPC's combined with how low my car sits is it's virtually impossible to get a good bite on the ball-joint nut to make sure it's nice and tight.

Looks like with these ones you can easily adjust camber and also adjust caster to a specific setting instead of a pre-set one like SPC.

The only downside I can see is the transmission of noise since there's no bushings for the body-side mounts?
So are the SPC not good in your opinion? I herd that Eibach's adjustable upper control arms are made by SPC... I'm up against a fence on what to install. I actually already purchased the Eibach's and currently waiting for delivery but I'm worried about how flimsy that bolt looks that connects the arm to the ball joint and had the fear that my 22" wheels might rub that lower ball joint.. But you say you can't even really tighten it... That doesn't sound good at all...

BTW, what do you mean the SPC are preset? It looked to me you could move the ball joint freely from positive to negative in order to adjust the camber... :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
So are the SPC not good in your opinion? I herd that Eibach's adjustable upper control arms are made by SPC... I'm up against a fence on what to install. I actually already purchased the Eibach's and currently waiting for delivery but I'm worried about how flimsy that bolt looks that connects the arm to the ball joint and had the fear that my 22" wheels might rub that lower ball joint.. But you say you can't even really tighten it... That doesn't sound good at all...

BTW, what do you mean the SPC are preset? It looked to me you could move the ball joint freely from positive to negative in order to adjust the camber... :confused:
I'm happy with them, they're built well and I haven't had any issues. The "problem" is that with my car lowered the nut on top of the UCA is above the wheel well liner and it's hard to get up in there to get it tight.

The camber is fully adjustable, the caster has specific values based on how the washer/plate is installed.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm happy with them, they're built well and I haven't had any issues. The "problem" is that with my car lowered the nut on top of the UCA is above the wheel well liner and it's hard to get up in there to get it tight.

The camber is fully adjustable, the caster has specific values based on how the washer/plate is installed.
Thanks for the info! I imagine it's a pain to set them properly, putting and pulling the wheel on and off and setting and resetting until you get it into spec.

My car is also lowered therefore me needing the Camber Kit. I am lowered on the Eibach SportLine Springs which is the lowest lowering springs application available for the Challenger outside of coil-overs. So I have some pretty bad negative camber, mainly on the front passenger side. I hope I can tighten that nut on top of the UCA because of it being lowered and my big wheels....By the way, what size wheels/tires are you running?

But I still do hope that someone would chime in about these SpeedLogix arms cause i'd be interested.

:naughty:

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
The Eibach/SpC front arms are currently the best option available, however we do have our own UCA in the works that is a much better solution. Not exactly what you see in the pics here from the race car, but using the same ideas learned from the track.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The Eibach/SpC front arms are currently the best option available, however we do have our own UCA in the works that is a much better solution. Not exactly what you see in the pics here from the racecsr, but using the same ideas learned from the track.
When will the SpeedLogix arms be available and what will prices be? :cool:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Didn't want to hijack Speedlogix's thread any further so I replied in your other thread. :)

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts