Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Challenger and i noticed from day one that there is an air leak on the driver side window from time to time when going over 60+ mph. Yesterday i finally decided to inspect the outside of the window and compare it to the passenger window which doesn't have any problems with air leaks and here is what i found.

-The driver window sits significantly lower than the passenger window

-The driver window doesn't come all the way to the frame or cover as much weatherstrip as passenger side window

-When closing the doors the driver side window has a significantly bigger gap before the window does the auto seal function than it does with the passenger side.

I have inspected the weatherstriping and it's all in good condition the problem for me definitely lies with the window itself. From what i can tell the issue is either one of two things, the window is sitting too low (possibly replaced at some point) or it became misaligned to a side and doesn't slide into the weatherstriping completely.

Either way this coming up wednesday I'm going to remove the the door panel and try to adjust the window. Iv read on many forms that these frameless windows do sometimes get a little lose overtime and drop or shift causing problems and the need for readjustment. I've been trying to find DIY videos or step by step guides on window replacement/adjustment for the challenger but haven't come across any. I've only found videos on how to remove the door panel which is easy enough. I've read on a few forms of people having similar issues with airleaks and dealerships telling them the window just needs to be adjusted, all i could find when searching was a video of this being done on a Charger that was having a window replacement. With the charger there are two tabs under the door foam holding the window in place and when pushing both tabs in cause the window to become free and movable/adjustable. I imagine this is relatively the same with the challenger but was curious if anyone had any experience or knowledge themselves with the door windows?

Reguadless I'm going to take a shot at it on wednesday and see how it goes I'll drop some pics to show my issue, might be worth it for
others to take a look at their windows to see if they're starting to slip. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am VERY interested in what you are doing because my passenger window does exactly the same thing. I was thinking of taking the car to a body shop to see if they could fix it but maybe after following you, I can do it myself. The one thing that concerns me is when my passenger window is full up (with the switch) it appears that it could not go up any more because of the triangular rubber thingy at the front of the glass. Even though the glass needs to go higher to get into the weatherstripping more, Mine is a 2015 also.
GOOD LUCK!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,013 Posts
Chilton online manual

2015> Dodge> Challenger> Repair> Body> Exterior> Door - Front>Glass, Door> Adjustment

Click on picture then press + button, or right click open in new tab, then left click on picture to expand

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,588 Posts
Are you sure it doesn't need auto learned again, the press up and hold thing?
Also, if you lower it part way and grab it and pull up, can you move it around like the mounts are loose?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I supper appreciate those Chilton pictures A Guy thank you! Pioneer yeah i checked even with both doors open the window sits lower and i connot pull it up at all it's definitely mounted incorrectly.

However after watching this helpful video on how to remove the door panel

I decided i'd atleast get started on that today during my lunch and i found a surprise right away, my door lock knob is all split apart and someone did a crap tape job on it and put it back on (pics attached). I checked the passenger side and the passenger knob is fine so that right there tells me someone most likely had this driver side door panel off at some point doing something. My guess is still a window replacement probably by a body shop or DIY since the window is not correctly aligned and they just taped the lock knob back together instead of replacing it.

Ill update more on wednesday or thuresday when i get this taken care of.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After reading the adjustments sheet, the first thing that came to my mind was take it to the dealer or a body shop.
I believe my glassjust needs to to go higher at full travel. Also I am still wondering about the triangular seal thing at the front of the glass...is it adjustable?
Good luck Tyla🤞

1 - 6 of 6 Posts