Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I'm Will from Sydney Australia and below is the wife's '16 Scat Pack Shaker.

Due to local legislation the car did have to be converted to Right Hand Drive which was done by our importer in the Philippines as it keeps the cost down. Their customer service sucked but the quality of work is really good.

This thread will mainly be filled with our Aussie Adventures as we don't have too much planned. We have already done the skip shift eliminator (shout out to Speedlogix for sending it and Work Play Drive with in depth instructions!)

I have also purchased a Tazer and also still need to install the Mopar Hellcat intake.

In order for it to be legal we also need side indicators and also orange rear indicators.

Here are some pics!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
:grin2:G'day and Welcome! Never seen a challenger with the steering wheel on the wrong side. :grin2: Definitely would smoke the night rider & toe cutter. :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Where to start? Congratulations and welcome!!! That car is crazy with the steering moved......probably not to you.
How does she like it? Is that maximum steel? Very sharp. Good luck and let us know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pretty Car!!!

I almost wish we had the choice here to have right side steering, ya know, just to be different then everyone else. But man oh man it would take some getting used to!!

My wife drives a Charger in the Maximum Steel and LOVES it!! Great Choice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
you have the same license plate as me, except for the H and different country
haha

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Congratulations on buying one beautiful car!

I can't imagine the expense of having it converted to right hand drive. You must have REALLY wanted that car.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
OK, what color is it??? Maximum Steel?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, what color is it??? Maximum Steel?
That would be correct it is Maximum Steel and she loves it!

Thanks everyone for the comments. The Challenger has always been the wife's dream car so it was worth it. Especially knowing we are the very first owners and it was bought brand new of the lot.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Car looks great, oh that front license plate though, why do they make it mandatory in some places?!?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Car looks great, oh that front license plate though, why do they make it mandatory in some places?!?
BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SELL TWICE AS MANY PLATES!!! It is the Chicago way, screw'em! Others caught on.
A profit deal.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,057 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride, very cool, I wish Dodge would just make a right hand drive for all you folks and save you a ton of money having to do the conversion.

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
704 Posts
BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SELL TWICE AS MANY PLATES!!! It is the Chicago way, screw'em! Others caught on.
A profit deal.
“Urban legends” like this are so tiresome, especially when used to further someone’s personal preference. In truth the reason is to allow LEOs to identify a vehicle from the front. Imagine a car with suspected terrorists (or your choice of perps) passing a police vehicle in the opposite direction with the front plate, and again without. It is the difference between apprehending a suspect, or not even knowing they were in the same area. I don’t like a front plate either, but neither do I delude myself as to why the laws exist.

Reactions: jbitter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Front number plates are mandatory on all registered vehicles in Australia.

Please let's not turn this into a front number plate bashing thread. It is what it is.

:)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
“Urban legends” like this are so tiresome, especially when used to fTurther someone’s personal preference. In truth the reason is to allow LEOs to identify a vehicle from the front. Imagine a car with suspected terrorists (or your choice of perps) passing a police vehicle in the opposite direction with the front plate, and again without. It is the difference between apprehending a suspect, or not even knowing they were in the same area. I don’t like a front plate either, but neither do I delude myself as to why the laws exist.

That's a myth. KEEP CHARGIN DOUBLE!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Front number plates are mandatory on all registered vehicles in Australia.

Please let's not turn this into a front number plate bashing thread. It is what it is.

:)
Really!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yep!

As vehicles need to be identified from both front and back. We also we have front facing speed cameras and our highways are usually filled with Highway Patrol.

I was really surprised how little police there were on US highways and the lack of fixed speed cameras.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Yep!

As vehicles need to be identified from both front and back. We also we have front facing speed cameras and our highways are usually filled with Highway Patrol.

I was really surprised how little police there were on US highways and the lack of fixed speed cameras.

Yes I am sure that is true for here too. They can tell everyone who travels the interstate. Pretty incredible!
I just like to think it is graft. It is how everything in Chicago gets done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here some random camera phone pics of a few different meets.

Definitely gets a lot of attention. Also feels great having that 392 under your right foot.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts