Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, didn't know if this should go here or the how-to section... but here goes.

Today I finally replaced the hood/bumper seal on my Challenger and it looks SO much better, so now I am trying to fix the look of the lower part of my front fascia. I have no idea why, but it just totally does not fit like it should anymore, and seems to be getting worse. I don't know if it's just because it's 8 years old or what, but I've never seen another fascia look like this on a Challenger. A long time ago, I started a thread asking about the upper portion sagging, I was led to this thread and I tried replacing the fasteners that hold the fascia on with actual bolts. But that actually made it worse so i just replaced them with brand new fasteners. The top seems good now, especially with the new seal. But the bottom part just just looks like complete hell and honestly it's kind of embarrassing.

I don't know if there's some place I can tweak to make this part of the fascia pull up more snug, or any other trick you guys know, i'm willing to try anything, i really don't want to deal with replacing the fascia. I do plan on getting a strut tower brace soon, maybe that will help? I'll attach some pics so you can see how gross this looks. And I also apologize in advance for the filthy car. Thanks for any help

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh thank you. I didnt think to search for the tabs being broken. I saw them, and i guess i didn't realize that they actually clip in somewhere. I've tried pushing it in but they didn't even feel like they were trying to clip in anywhere, so i forgot about that part. I guess they are actually all broken after all. I know one guy fixed them with epoxy, but i'm not sure that will work on mine, but i'll investigate. Other than that, it looks like the only fix is the get a new fascia. But I assume in a few years it will just happen again. I suppose I could get up to a 2014 fascia, maybe they are made better.

But thanks again for the links

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
Good luck, seemed to be common for the 2009. A Guy

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, i looked at it a little closer today and i can now see where the edges of the tabs have been broken or worn off. Im thinking if somehow i can rig something up, and get the two middle ones back in, it might solve the problem. They look to be sort of a triangle shape, can anyone confirm that? A pic of one intact would be great, i can't seem to find one. Im thinking i can either form the correct shape with some epoxy, or add some pieces of plastic back on the tabs with some JB Weld or something like that. Thanks again for the help.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
Best picture I found

63052f8e.jpg

A Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts