Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

This is my first post in a long time since I traded in my 2010 R/T over 2 years ago and I need some advice.

I am going to the Dodge dealership to special order the R/T Scat Pack tonight and I am nervous about the whole process. I'm still deciding on whether to order B5 or Sublime but other than that it'll be the Scat Pack or R/T Classic depending on the price.

My question to all my fellow members are as follows.

1. How much do I have to put down when I order and when do I need to take a loan out on the car?

2. Is my down payment refundable if I back out?

3. Could I get money off MSRP especially if I'm a returning customer or if I say I'll go elsewhere if I have to pay MSRP?

If I'm missing anything else you guys might think of, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Hello All,

This is my first post in a long time since I traded in my 2010 R/T over 2 years ago and I need some advice.

I am going to the Dodge dealership to special order the R/T Scat Pack tonight and I am nervous about the whole process. I'm still deciding on whether to order B5 or Sublime but other than that it'll be the Scat Pack or R/T Classic depending on the price.

My question to all my fellow members are as follows.

1. How much do I have to put down when I order and when do I need to take a loan out on the car?

2. Is my down payment refundable if I back out?

3. Could I get money off MSRP especially if I'm a returning customer or if I say I'll go elsewhere if I have to pay MSRP?

If I'm missing anything else you guys might think of, please let me know.

1. It depends on the dealer. Some don't require a down payment, some are 500, 1000

2. It depends on the contract for your state. Read the fine print on the back of the contract.

3. For a custom order, don't start negotiating at MSRP. Use the invoice prices identified in the second post of ResumeSpeed's 2015 Challenger Information Thread (http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/2015-challenger-information-thread-98814/). Calculate the total invoice price for the car you want to order. There is a 6% dealer profit already included in that total invoice price, so deduct 6% from the total invoice price to get the actual dealer cost. Start negotiating up from that number.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. It depends on the dealer. Some don't require a down payment, some are 500, 1000

2. It depends on the contract for your state. Read the fine print on the back of the contract.

3. For a custom order, don't start negotiating at MSRP. Use the invoice prices identified in the second post of ResumeSpeed's 2015 Challenger Information Thread (http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/2015-challenger-information-thread-98814/). Calculate the total invoice price for the car you want to order. There is a 6% dealer profit already included in that total invoice price, so deduct 6% from the total invoice price to get the actual dealer cost. Start negotiating up from that number.
Thank you. I know what I'm doing on my lunch break. Putting together the cost of my car at invoice and 6% discount.

Now this may be a stupid question but in the Scat Pack, is the Shaker Hood standard? Idk why but I thought that it was an added option.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Thank you. I know what I'm doing on my lunch break. Putting together the cost of my car at invoice and 6% discount.

Now this may be a stupid question but in the Scat Pack, is the Shaker Hood standard? Idk why but I thought that it was an added option.

Thanks
Not sure, but order banks are not open for the Shakers yet...afaik, date is still tbd

·
Registered
15 Posts

Thanks
It's not standard. The shaker hood is late availability (maybe January). No pricing is known for sure on that option, but estimated to be around $2,000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts