Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short... I have been looking to buy a 2005 Ram 1500 rumble or daytona for some time now. Found this one in Ohio that is good condition. Flew out from California to see it... Would match my silver scat pack... Clean carfax 2 owners 74000 miles. Should this rust stop me from buying!?? Bridgestone "technician" said it's not a concern. Used a hammer to scrape and hit random spots and no holes were made

Might be the wrong place to post but would appreciate the advice. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0fht3zzsjp5lrs/2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Daytona.MOV?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is pretty brutal looking underneath. Think there was some rust on the inside of the panels behind the wheels on the bed side. If so, won't be long before it shows on the outside.
Think I'd pass unless it is just an insane deal that you can live with as you likely will not be able to fix most of that.

If you do go with it. There is a co called KBS paint systems. They have some of the best products out there for addressing rust. Their top coat is self leveling & can be brushed on for the frame & things of the like. You will not see the brush marks & it is a really nice finish. Though none of that will address any exterior panel rust if there is any.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I live in Ohio and purchased my 2005 Ram Daytona 4x4 new and now have 48K miles on it, and it does not look any where near that bad.

If you want, I could go out and take a video of the underside of my Daytona, and post it to youtube, so you can compare.

My Daytona is my daily driver and I even have a separate set of snow tires to throw on during the winter months.

I would pass on that truck unless you are getting a killer price and everything else looks and runs great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts