Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about ready to pull out my '09 Challenger SRT8 from winter storage after a long and tough winter (for us Canadians). This is my first storage with this high tech muscle car, I also own a '69 Swinger 340 and priming is pretty simple. I simply want to crank the engine to build oil pressure and get oil to the mains without the dry start.
Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just use clear flood mode, hold down the throttle all the way as if in WOT and turn the key (or push the start button). This will crank the engine without powering the injectors, it will continue to crank as long as you have the key held, or if you have the push button start it will crank for 5 or 10 seconds.

Most Chrysler vehicles have this feature, I can't imagine why the Challenger wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Yes, you can hold the gas peddle to the floor and it will crank over and not start, I do that when I change oil, even though I prefill the filter it still takes several seconds to gain oil pressure after a change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts