Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after looking at hundreds of wheels I have decided to pull the trigger and put some on my wifes 2010 SE. I have secured a great price on the wheels I want. Price is $50 difference for 22's over 20's. My question is what if any advantages/disadvantages are there to 20's vs 22's? I am leaning towards the 22's with 265/35/22 all the way around. Thanks!

·
Banned
863 Posts
I wouldn't do the 22's. In fact I would not take them for free if someone gave them to me. Too heavy, constantly watching for bumps on the road, and the dreaded rubber band tires...uhhh!!
20's or 18's are the way to go on this car....Just my opinion of course

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Advantages of a 20" vs 22"

20" wheels will provide a smoother, less harsh ride, are easier to not damage from pot holes/road hazards, are lighter in weight with less unsprung weight and are usually less expensive for tires. The same can be said when comparing 18" wheels to 20". I will say there have been folks who have switched back to 20's after giving 22's a try.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Now what tire size!

Thanks for the advice. I do not want to put on 22's and then decide to swtitch back to 20's. Don't want to stagger so what is best tire size to put ion 20's? What are widest I can go front and rear?

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have the nitto 420s 255/55/18 on stock 18 rims. It's a great tire size, looks much better than the stockers and I don't see any rubbing anywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts