Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am thinking about having the front spoiler on my black SRT8 painted and striped. Painted gloss black to match the rest of the car of course and also continue the dual gray factory stripes down it as well. I hesitate because I am concerned that although it would look great at first, 6 months or a year later it may look like crap from unavoidable chips, nicks, etc. I assume that's probably why the factory doesn't paint it.
Has anyone else here done something like this? If so, how has the finish held up? Specifically, what kind of paint was used? Would adding a layer of "clear bra" material significantly help. It does seem like a tough area to protect.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
My buddy painted all the black trim the body color ,, had a shop do the job
Actually it's his second Plum Crazy he did it to his other one has held up very well
Zoom in on the photo ,,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
My buddy painted all the black trim the body color ,, had a shop do the job
Actually it's his second Plum Crazy he did it to his other one has held up very well
Zoom in on the photo ,,
Do you know if he also put some clear bra on them too? I notice he also painted his rear spoiler PCP as well!

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Do you know if he also put some clear bra on them too? I notice he also painted his rear spoiler PCP as well!
No clear bar ,, but that is a good idea . He painted all the black , rear , under doors ,
And splash guards

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,680 Posts
I wonder if adding flex agent to the paint is required? My old Trans Am had to have special flex paint on the bumpers. A Guy

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Clear Bra at a minimum.
Even when I do my clear bra, I will still use my Novistretch bra over top on long road trips.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The new modern paint used today doesn't require flex agent anymore. The urethane paints are very flexible all by themselves. The clear bra stuff is definitely a good idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts