Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some new tires for my 10 R/T. Believe I have limited it down to these 3 tires in 255/45/20, and would like some first hand knowledge from some who have run any of them.
1. Nitto Motivo
2. General GMax AS-03
3. Now open for suggestion
Was looking for something a little wider than my Zeon RS3-A's 245/45/20 Want to stay under the $200.00 mark and have some tread life with all-season performance.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I think the BFGoodrich G-Force Comp Sport 2 are an Ultra High Performance Summer tire?

·
Registered
2012 Classic RT
8 Posts
Just got BFG G-Force Comp 2 Tires for my 2012 R/T Classic with Track Pack Suspension. Went with the larger size 255/45 R20. These are much better than the stock 245/45 Goodyears. Also had the Dodge dealer install the SPC upper control arms to correct the camber of the car. Stay away from the Speedlogix upper control arms for "stock applications". Those arms are for race setups.
The alignment shops shy away from using multiple spacers at install to fit the knuckles into the upper control arm brackets. The SPC upper control arms are a perfect fit in the brackets.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
The General GMax AS-03 tire was rated as the #2 Ultra Performance All-Season tire by Tire Rack. Also, in an owner survey, it was rated superior in all but two categories. The two were snow and ice traction. These were rated as excellent.

The wear factor on these tires is also pretty good at 480AA.

I don't think that you can wrong with these tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=G-MAX+AS-03

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Looking for some new tires for my 10 R/T. Believe I have limited it down to these 3 tires in 255/45/20, and would like some first hand knowledge from some who have run any of them.
1. Nitto Motivo
2. General GMax AS-03
3. Now open for suggestion
Was looking for something a little wider than my Zeon RS3-A's 245/45/20 Want to stay under the $200.00 mark and have some tread life with all-season performance.
I kept hearing about this "Motivo" and just now looked it up. It looks to compete with the Continental DWS. The Motivo's seem to be a huge crowd pleaser and it's amazing they claim 60k miles, my DWS's say 50k but they are gone in 15-20k. Not that that matters as we all use staggered so warranty is voided for both Nitto\Cont.

Anyway, sorry, I rambled. Get the Motivo.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I was thinking of going with the Motivos and 255's all around.. is
this what you're doing? if you do could you post some pics and
give your opinion on if anything the 255's do for the ride and steering
up front? thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just installed my second set of General GMax AS-03's. After the original F1's only lasted about 16k miles I replaced them with staggered GMax's but this time I went with 255's all the way around so at least I could rotate front to back. The fronts were worn but the rears were still at 60% and that's after 33k miles. They performed great in wet weather and even in some snow. The price was right too, $730 installed.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I'd recommend Motivos to anyone. Very happy with them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Go with the Motivos (best bang for your buck). Had em for about a month and they are awesome. Had the sport comp 2's for 8 months and definitely wasn't satisfied.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
I went with the Nitto NT 420S. If you look at them, it says SUV tire but trust me, they are a great tire. The tread is perfect for the track, road, or highway. They handle all types of road conditions, ride is smooth, and best part,, about $168 each at Discount Tire. Don't dismiss them till you take a look, the tire will impress you

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,050 Posts
I hear great things about Motivos. IMHO best all season tire is Continental DWS. Tire Sniffer :: Tires I have great luck on my other vehicles with these for all seasons. And the tread life is great.
Ya beat me to it....The Continental DWS are the best tires I've had on between both of my Challengers. Excellent performance and wear. I hear nothing but good stuff about these tires on our cars. I highly recommend them.
I went with 275/40/20 in back and 245/45/20 up front. I debated going 255 all around but in the end decided on the staggered look. I may do it different next time

IMG_0877-001 by vichris08, on Flickr

·
Registered
896 Posts
I went with Hankook Ventus in a 255 all around and think it looks good and they're super quiet and very sticky. They seem to be wearing well too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts