Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

My wife has a 2010 SRT8. She got some front end damage. Hood is bent and the front bumper and grill is damaged. Where can I get a reasonable priced hood stock and maybe a hellcat one? Bumper? Grill? We cannot afford those 5, 6, 7, $800 parts. just trying to get some help from all you experts.

thank you.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
The only suggestion I could give, is to check your local salvage yard(pick a part) to see what they have, just remember your front facia is an SRT piece and is different from the R/T and SXT. The hoods are all the same. Besides what you know is damaged, you probably going to have unseen damage, like where the facia is bent.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hellcat hood will cost the $$ you stated you couldnt afford. Only going to get hc hood from the dealer or ebay. The front fascia can be bought aftermarket from Keystone or any aftermarket parts distributor. They will cary the upper grill assembly also.
Ive seen hoods on CL around here but they are still pricey. 500. Used. Other place is Car-part.com. still going to be 4-500 or more. I dont see much damage to the hood in the pic. Good body man might be your best bet. Id stay away from the aftermarket hoods from keystone or other suppliers. They are not aluminum and very heavy.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody - Triple Nickel
36 Posts
Id stay away from the aftermarket hoods from keystone or other suppliers. They are not aluminum and very heavy.
That is incorrect Challenger hoods from Keystone are aluminum and will cost in the $500 to $600 range. They do not have the Hellcat hoods.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The company i work for buys hoods for challengers and chargers. They are not aluminum and are steel. Heavy things that the shocks wont hold up. Westopped buying them for that reason. Buy used now and have no issues.
Just looked and dont even see the challenger hood offered anymore. Heres the charger hood.
Screenshot_2020-08-05-17-29-26.png

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
The nice thing about the Challenger is all the hoods are interchangeable, keep that in mind, also keep in mind that 15 and up, you will need the windshield washer nozzles that mount under the hood. Front ends are not as interchangeable as 15 and ups use different headlights, that will get costly quick. I would (personally) look for a '14 back to what ever year they deleted the "Sheep Head" off of the front of the car.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody - Triple Nickel
36 Posts
The company i work for buys hoods for challengers and chargers. They are not aluminum and are steel. Heavy things that the shocks wont hold up. Westopped buying them for that reason. Buy used now and have no issues.
Just looked and dont even see the challenger hood offered anymore. Heres the charger hood. View attachment 999855
Correct the Charger steel hood is available. There are customers out there that do nothing but shop price and don't care about the quality. The CAPA certified aluminum costs about 3X's that.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts