Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered this air inlet tube for my new Scat. It has the Rhombi illuminated tube, and was wondering if anyone has this installed, i.e. will it fit.

Different sites are giving conflicting reports on whether it fits with the Hellcat airbox, and the new 19's.

Anyone have this on their 19?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's the one. A couple of posts on separate sites said they got it to work, despite it saying it doesn't fit.

I think they said they had to cut it a little bit to make it fit and that no manufacturer is actually making any that fit the illuminated headlights yet.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it with the new 19 scat packs.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
Ahhh, I didn't know you were aware it's different. Yeah, people have cut the Hellcat tube that's a kind of felt. The aFe is harder plastic I believe, so maybe harder to trim. Hopefully someone who has actually tried it will reply.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Trim if its real hard, will just get yourself cut. Grind it down to fit. Portable grinder or bench,
subscribing to thread ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ahhh, I didn't know you were aware it's different. Yeah, people have cut the Hellcat tube that's a kind of felt. The aFe is harder plastic I believe, so maybe harder to trim. Hopefully someone who has actually tried it will reply.
Meh, sorry if I wasn't specific. That comes with old age and I'm easily distracted
. Thanks for the reply.

Waiting on FedEx for the air box. Got the tube and hellcat filter so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts